Need to update an older Octoprint (1.3.12)

So.... I don't think I ever updated my install of Octoprint since I first installed it a few years ago.. I am running 1.3.12. I remember seeing an announcement a few years ago about having to update manually, but didn't pay much attention to it.
So... the question is, what is the best way to update, without just installing a clean install?

Thanks
Rusty

A fresh flash of the latest OctoPi image is honestly the best approach. Can't remember if 1.3.12 has the backup plugin, but if it does you can create a backup from it, download the zip file, and restore the backup during the initial setup wizard on a newly flashed image.

Check in the settings if you're able to update. In theory you can update to 1.7 with the old Python 2 version that is currently installed on your Pi.
Then create the backup and do what @jneilliii suggested :slight_smile:

I can do a backup, and did, however I get errors when trying to update to the latest, but that is probably because the latest is not compatible with the older Python 2. How do I specify what version to update to with the software updater in Octoprint, or will I have to use the command line?

Rusty

you have to use command line - but if you get errors in the updater you will probably also get them there

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.