Neopixels 8 LED ring

What is the problem?
Want to control a Neopixels 8 LEDs ring like this

Connected directly to RPi3

What did you already try to solve it?
Tried Enclosure Plugin but doesn't work and the server restart in safe mode. Plugin uninstalled.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, what kind of hardware precisely, ...)

I've a RPi3 B+ with latest version of Octoprint. Printer is a Creality Ender 3 V2 with BLtouch and Marlin Firmware V1.3.5 – Jyer Builds.

The Neopixels Is connectey at 5V, GND and GPIO10 on the RPI. When connected to 5V one led is lighting up in a yellowish tint.

I've followed the instructions on this page

To get the Neopixels working with the Enclosure Plugin as "direct" Raspberry control. Nothing was working and when rebooted the server was in safe mode.

My attempt is to get a GUI element (an icon or something) to turn on and off all the 8 LEDs with maximum brightness and white tint.

Thanks

Some links for your inspiration:

A search of the forum posts yields lots of related threads.
(I control my WS281x Leds through ESP8266/MQTT and not directly from the raspi.)

Just a word of warning: maximum brightness means maximum power drain and while 8 LEDs are not that much it may still affect / stress test your raspi's power supply.

1 Like

Here's the specific plugin I created for WS281x LEDs to be connected directly to the Raspberry Pi:

Hopefully there's enough info on that page as well as the setup guide linked from within that.

2 Likes