New Camera Stack Crashes

Camera model

unbranded 8mm endoscope camera
Cheap unbranded "HD" Chinese webcam

What is the problem?

Can get both cameras working, but camera-streamer will just crash. Just reloaded Pi 4 with latest OctoPi. Still working on setup so can't pin down a consistent issue. Most recent failure, I had the streams up and active...as soon as I started printing they stopped.

What did you already try to solve it?

Re-plugged Cams
systemctl restart camera-streamer
journalctl -xe

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Not yet, print still running

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20240223160918.zip (188.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint/OctoPi latest as of 2/23/24 (flashed from Raspberry Pi Flasher last night - new cam stack)
Ender 3 OG, Modded with BTT E3 V3 mainboard.
Marlin: CONFIGURATION_H_VERSION 02010300
Browser: Chrome (current)
Cams attached to a mini USB hub that has a split-USB for data+addtl power. Data line plugged into Pi4, power line plugged into my nearby PC. Hub has only the 2 cams plugged in.
Plugged into the pi are a USB3 stick that has OctoPi on it (boots from USB), the printer, and the USB hub.
Pi is powered by buck converter. No power warnings in octoprint.

Connect SSH. Run;
sudo renice -15 -p $(pgrep 'camera-streamer')

Gives streamer a higher priority.
see if this helps. If it does please reply and I will tell you how to add on startup.

Good luck,
-JC

Try increasing the number of camera buffers to 10 or so.

After increasing the buffers I am able to run 4 simultaneous cameras, though not at full resolution, w/o crashes.

See what is running and taking all of your processor time.
Through SSH, run;
htop {Enter}

{CTRL} C (to exit)

What processes are staying at the top???

-JC