New release: 1.7.0

Thank you for all of your hard work everyone! can't wait to try the new release! :slight_smile:

This may be a dumb question, but will Octopi automatically pick up this new release? My current install is running Python 2.7, so thinking I will start with a clean install from a current backup.
Thanks,
Craig

Congrats with new release! ) Just a small issue here. Latest Marlin uses Cap:LONG_FILENAME, not EXTENDED_M20 as in PrusaSlicer, so this capability is disregarded. Manually sending M20 L gcode and voilà! OctoPrint file section updates short file names to long ones.

It doesn't yet, but there are plans to have it automatically generated and available via the raspberry pi imager. In the meantime, you can get the latest available stable octopi image with the latest release of OctoPrint pre-installed here.

OctoPrint in OctoPi will offer you to update, yes.

... Oh ffs. Why can't it be easy for once? :sob:

edit Apparently support for the EXTENDED_M20 report is forthcoming: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/pull/22941

I feel for you. I happened to look into Marlin config examples, wow, I had no idea that so many different printers were supported. BTW 1.7 upgrade seamless as usual.

1 Like

Thanks for the work and dedication

Thanks. This is what I needed.

Anyone else get update failure? I've run it twice and it fails on a dedicated RPI3 currently running 1.6.1

Sorry for the messy paste, copied directly from the interface error pop-up:

from logging import NullHandlerImportError: cannot import name NullHandler----------------------------------------ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: /home/pi/oprint/bin/python2 /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip install --ignore-installed --no-user --prefix /tmp/pip-build-env-I9xJb0/overlay --no-warn-script-location --no-binary :none: --only-binary :none: -i https://pypi.org/simple --extra-index-url https://www.piwheels.org/simple -- setuptools wheel Cython Check the logs for full command output.The update did not finish successfully. Please consult <code>octoprint.log</code> and <code>plugin_softwareupdate_console.log</code> for details.

This is such a common issue (and caused by having installed an earlier version of PrintTimeGenius) that this now even has its own FAQ entry :wink:

This fixed it (after I re-read instructions and also un-installed the fix). Then I decided to upgrade Python and re-imaged so I should probably have just done that and it would not have re-installed the logging module.

Long story short, if you have this issue, backup and image upgrade and it should fix it plus save a step.

1 Like
  • OctoPrint 1.7.0
  • Python 3.7.3
  • OctoPi 0.18.0

Hi there,

since the update to 1.7.0 there is no conection to my Anycubic i3 Mega S. Is there an known issue?
I tried to reboot in safe mode, but still the same problem.

2021-10-13 21:26:04,609 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Trying port /dev/ttyUSB0, baudrate 9600
2021-10-13 21:26:04,612 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Handshake attempt #1 with timeout 2.0s
2021-10-13 21:26:04,623 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2021-10-13 21:26:06,626 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Handshake attempt #2 with timeout 2.0s
2021-10-13 21:26:06,638 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2021-10-13 21:26:08,639 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Serial detection: Handshake attempt #3 with timeout 2.0s
2021-10-13 21:26:08,649 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2021-10-13 21:26:10,660 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error"
2021-10-13 21:26:10,746 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"
2021-10-13 21:26:10,762 - octoprint.plugins.action_command_notification - INFO - Notifications cleared
2021-10-13 21:26:11,146 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event commerror_autodetect, payload: {'commerror_text': 'No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.'}

Try manually setting your baud rate to 115200. 9600 seems low unless you know specifically that is correct.

the log was only a part of all.
Baud rate is AUTO, really strange.
It worked really fine before.
Is there a issue with OctoPi 0.18.0 or maybe the printer ?

No major issues I'm aware of. You may want to open a separate post in #support with a full systeminfo bundle.

3 Likes

Ok I will do, thx :slight_smile:

The strange thing is that it works with the old OctoPrint from scratch
that is included in OctoPi 0.18.0. I will make a post in #support for that
issue

Just attempted updating from 1.6.1 to 1.70. Got an assert error. I performed an update of the pi o/s and tried updating again. Got same assert failure.

@luvtofish

Still Getting this error after updating Pip to latest version.
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py", line 176, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 346, in run
session=session, autobuilding=True
File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/wheel.py", line 886, in build
assert have_directory_for_build
AssertionError
The update did not finish successfully. Please consult octoprint.log and plugin_softwareupdate_console.log for details.

1 Like

It might be easier for you to open your own post to fix the problem. Are you sure you updated pip inside the virutal environment? Anyway, open a new post, upload a systeminfo bundle and the log from the failed install.

1 Like