New User Problem - State: Offline after error No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected

What is the problem?

Unable to connect to printer and get the following error:
State: Offline after error
No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.

Here are the Terminal logs:
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error"
Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried another USB cable that I use for my external hard drive but that didn't work. I am brand new to this and just got my LoveRPi Raspberry Pi 4 4GB today. Had no problem installing Octopi and I can access it through my browser and see through the pi webcam but unable to connect to the printer.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Do not know how to do that.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Try the Pluggable Device Differ in Tools. It should help determine if the system can see the device. Try your printer then if that comes up with nothing try something simple like a wired mouse.

I feel like a dumbass but can I do this through the OctoPrint browser interface?

No you need to SSH into the device and run the command there.

or plugin a monitor and keyboard...

I was able to do the SSH but now I'll trying to figure out what to do from there

I tried my printer and nothing came up then I tried a wired mouse and it did come up.
Any ideas what I should do from here?

Make sure the printer is on (doh!)
Try another USB cable
Remove SD card from printer MCU (Restart printer after)

it was a cable issue

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.