New V1.9 Octoprint install on windows 10 can not install plugins

What is the problem?

When i try to install 3rd party plugins using the built in repository, no errors occur and it says it installed successfully. however upon restart of octoprint, the plugin is nowhere to be found and is not running. in my /basedir/5000/plugins folder nothing is there either. ive seen somethings around about 1.9 needing a "wheel" package but all answers including the install are for octopi setups not windows. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

What did you already try to solve it?

ive looked through forums tried to install manually and google searched it but 1.9 seems to pretty new and doesnt have a lot about how to fix this

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

yes and no it did not solve the issue

Complete Logs

plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (2.0 MB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version 1.9, , operating system - WINDOWS 10, ... as much data as possible

after looking around for a while i found this reddit post Reddit - Dive into anything

tried following everything on the post but ended up getting:
"ERROR: Could not find an activated virtualenv (required). Error! Could not parse output from pip, see plugin_pluginmanager_console.log for generated output "

not sure where to go from here. my python knowledge is limited

Closing this after making some changes to python install i reinstalled octoprint and everything works fine now. I have no idea what was going on but it works fine now.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier, but my windows installer does install OctoPrint a slightly different way then the venv method because of embedding winpython as part of the installer. In case others happen to come across this issue, the problem is that you probably had a slightly older version of the installer that didn't include the Visual Studio C+ build tools as part of it's install. You could have just installed those build tools from the manual install instructions and OctoLapse would have been able to compile what it needed to install.

For reference it's step 2 in the manual instructions here. That's all that would be needed for older installs, and as mentioned this dependency has been added to the installer to avoid this exact issue.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.