No Camera after reconnect

Sony PlayStation Eye Camera (PS3 USB)

What is the problem?
Camera does not work - previously worked without issue. Quit using Octoprint for a period of time. Hooked Octoprint and camera up to new CR-10 Max printer, using latest Pi image. Version 1.6.1
Blue light on camera comes on, but no picture on screen.

What did you already try to solve it?
Checked connections. Used different ports on Pi. Restarted OctoPi several times.
Waited. Performed Webcam Stream Test...no luck.
Not sure what URL should be used or how to get it. Used standard URL in OctoPrint....(/webcam/?action=stream)

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
octoprint-logs.zip (44.7 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
OctoPrint Version 1.6.1, OctoPi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Does it work if you start the pi with just the camera connected (printer disconnected)?

No . I disconnected from printer. Restarted OctoPrint and no camera picture. Just says
Webcam stream not loaded

It might not be configured correctly or require authentication. You can change the URL of the stream under "Settings" > "Webcam & Timelapse" > "Webcam" > "Stream URL". If you don't have a webcam you can also just disable webcam support there.

Currently configured stream URL: /webcam/?action=stream

Just to be sure try a full power cycle (unplug the psu and plug it in again).
Sometimes the usb controller crashes if the printer draws too much power from the usb port and it might not come back until you unplug the pi.

If that also doesn't help please upload the webcamd.log or the output of journalctl -u webcamd.

You can download the log with a tool like WinSCP or get the output via ssh

Here's a short explaination on where to find the log and where you can get WinSCP

If you need help with the ssh part
https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-ssh/
Scroll down and start with the Connecting to Your Raspberry Pi over SSH.
The first part is already done for you in the octopi image.

Does this give you the info you need?
octoprint-systeminfo-20210703230252.zip (14.0 KB)

Nope sorry.
Neither the webcamd.log nor the journalctl output is in that bundle.

OK. Still having trouble with my camera. Here are steps I have taken beyond want is already mentioned in the previous postings.

1. went so far as to buy a new Pi 4....needed another one anyway for another printer.
  2. Found out that I was hooked up to my shop wifi instead of house wifi. Getting good connection now...camera still does not work.
  3. Had a Pi camera that I hooked up. That didn't work either.
  4. Figured out how to get all the logs.....I think. Here they are. Hopefully what you requested is included.
    octoprint-logs (1).zip (55.8 KB)
    And System Bundle again just in case.
    octoprint-systeminfo-20210709221136.zip (12.1 KB)

Sorry there is also no webcamd.log or the journalctl output in those zips.

You can download the log with a tool like WinSCP or get the output via ssh

Here's a short explaination on where to find the log and where you can get WinSCP

If you need help with the ssh part
https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-ssh/
Scroll down and start with Connecting to Your Raspberry Pi over SSH.
The first part is already done for you in the octopi image.

PrintedWeezl please bear with me as I learn the terminology. I assume I cannot use WinSCP on my Mac. So, I connected to the Pi over SSH. However I still can't locate the logs you requested. What command do I use to retrieve them? Here is what I tried:
OctoPrint version : 1.6.1

OctoPi version : 0.18.0

pi@octopi : ~ ** ~/Library/Application Support/OctoPrint/logs -bash: /home/pi/Library/Application: No such file or directory **pi@octopi** : **~ Library/Application Support/OctoPrint/logs
-bash: Library/Application: No such file or directory
pi@octopi : ~ ** webcamd.log -bash: webcamd.log: command not found **pi@octopi** : **~ /var/log/webcamd.log:
-bash: /var/log/webcamd.log:: No such file or directory
pi@octopi : ~ ** /var/log/haproxy.log -bash: /var/log/haproxy.log: Permission denied **pi@octopi** : **~ /var/log/syslog
-bash: /var/log/syslog: Permission denied
pi@octopi : ~ $