Not Detecting Printer

The printer will not connect. It worked the first time and now will not connect. I have restarted printer, octoprint, browser and even reinstalled Octoprint. Using Android Octoprint.

What is the problem?

Not connecting to printer.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have restarted printer, octoprint, browser and even reinstalled Octoprint. Also changed timeout settings and wait check box.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20230607175458.zip (34.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octo4a V. 1.2.4, Ender 3 Pro, Mks Robin e3 V1.1, Marlin 2.0.9.5, Edge & Chrome, Windows 10 Pro.

Hello @Chip1 !

Are you running OctoPrint inside a Docker container or inside a VM?

Not that I am aware of.

Just saw, you running Octo4A?

Yes I am. (10 Char min.Bla bla bla)

I recommend to visit the discord OctoPrint-Octo4A channel:

Or the github:

2 Likes

Ok. I do not see an Octo4a anything in Discord.

You found the OctoPrint channel?

The link should just go inside the Octo4A support

2 Likes

Update:
First off the Discord for Octo4A is not helpful to me (No replies to my question).

I did get the printer to connect when I unplug power to phone/OTG cable. As soon as I plug power back in the printer gives error and stops printing.

I saw this article on blocking +pin on usb. Should I block pins on power or data on either pin? Any thoughts?

Article

sure - try it
but just on the usb cable to the printer :wink:

No luck so far. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe the cable I have sucks. What is the recommended brand of cable?

Update for anyone following. It is fixed as of now. The fix was a USB-C hub. Not the two wire splitter that I had. Let's hope it last!

Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.