What is the problem?
I had Octopi running on my RP4 2GB with my Ender 3 Pro for months without issue. Two days ago, I disconnected the USB cable and unplugged the power of the RPi. I plugged everything back in and OctoPrint no longer recognizes my printer. I get the error message:
Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)
And the only option under Serial Port is "Auto". Suspecting Octopi was not seeing the printer at all, I SSH in and ran lsusb:
And I was correct, the Pi does not see the printer at all. I connected my Win10 laptop to the printer (after installing drivers) and Cura was able to see and control the printer. All using the same USB cable.
What did you already try to solve it?
- Reinstalled Octopi .17, .16, and now on .18
- Used a RPi 4 4GB
- Multiple ports and multiple USB cables
- Taped the power pin(5?) of the USB cable
- Plugged in other usb devices into the RPi, ran lsusb and the other devices DO show up.
- Multiple combinations of plugging in RPi / power off or on the Ender etc
Additional information about your setup
Octopi .17 Octoprint 1.4 Raspberry Pi 4 2GB