Apart from adding support for the Pi 4 8GB and the Pi 4 and of course shipping with the current stable OctoPrint version 1.4.2 now running under Python 3, 0.18.0rc1 also contains the following changes:
Changes in the image
- OctoPrint 1.4.2
- OctoPi now uses Python3
- Fix #619 Shutdown requires network (Thanks @da4id)
- Fix #623 from szopen111/fix-issue-621 (Workaround for low resolution cameras)
- Fix/enable haproxy logging #640 and enable compression at haproxy layer #643 (thanks @tedder)
- Experimental HLS support #650 #668 #688 (thanks @chudsaviet)
- Removed old Cura. See #654 and #444.
- Some usb cameras setting fixed (#657 b64a5441 0d0ea375)
- Fixes #676 and adds deps to install numpy from wheel for plugins taht need numpy
- New arm64 builds
- Set HAProxy Diffie-Hellman key size to 2048 #685
If you’ve been waiting for a new OctoPi release, this is your chance to give the candidate a test drive and report any findings back in the ticket on the OctoPi repository so we can make sure the release is solid!
You can find the download links in the ticket.
Confused about the difference between OctoPi and OctoPrint? Read this!
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://octoprint.org/blog/2020/11/05/octopi-release-candidate-0-18-0rc1/