Octopint restarts in safe mode every other time

What is the problem?

Octoprint starts in safe mode roughly every other restart/reboot. Error displays as "problem with startup." After investigating octoprint.log, it appears that each reboot that sends me to safe mode is preceded by:

WARNING - Command for core:restart failed with return code -15:
! STDOUT:
! STDERR:

See above error on lines 1511 and and 1945 of attached
octoprint.log (318.1 KB)

What did you already try to solve it?

I have disabled recently installed plugins, checked my power supply, changed outlets, confirmed all restart commands through octoprint are preceded by a "sudo" command

Have you tried running in safe mode?

This is the issue

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

See above

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20220508190721.zip (79.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.7.3, OctoPi 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3, Prusa MK3S+ running firmware 3.10.0-4481. Accessing from Windows 10 computer through Chrome

Hello @ssenrah !

It seems, that one of the plugins is maybe broken.

On the first glance, it's not easy to say from the log what is the culprit.

Most reliable way is:

• Disable all 3d party plugins (as you already did before)
  • Enable the one by one and restart.

This looks quite time consuming, but the chance is very high that you can find the issue.

Use a binary search to locate the broken plugin. With 64 3rd party plugins, it should take 6 restarts to find the culprit.

To do a binary search, disable half of the third party plugins and restart. If the problem is fixed, the bad plugin is in the disabled half, if it remains then it is in the still enabled half. Repeat this process with the half that had the bad plugin.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.