Octoprint freeze

Hi. I have the Octoprint on a RPi3B+. After a day idle the Octoprint UI will freeze. It also makes octoprint.log file. I have done the new installation without any backup file restore. I just downloaded the same plugins. Issue is still here.
If I restart the octoprint service it again works.
So this issue possibly makes one of my plugins. But which one?

Here is the log file

Thank you for help

Hello @RomanCZ !

Have you done safe mode as it was asked in the template that you have deleted for what reasons ever.

That is a 130MB file. Zipping it is appreciated.

2023-04-21 19:29:13,052 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - Server con wss://starport-v1.octoeverywhere.com/octoclientws[5] IS past it's RunFor time 6 days, 19:58:11.200624 and IS past it's time since last user activity 6 days, 19:58:11.200698
2023-04-21 19:29:13,053 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - Server con wss://starport-v1.octoeverywhere.com/octoclientws[5] RunFor is complete and will be disconnected.
2023-04-21 19:29:13,053 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon Disconnect was called, but we are skipping the CloseAllWebStreamsAndDisable because it has already been done.
2023-04-21 19:29:13,054 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon websocket close start. IsPrimary?:True; wsId:1757619248
2023-04-21 19:29:13,054 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon disconnect complete.

OctoEverywhere just filled up the Pi to it's brim

After deleting the redundant stuff, only 286 lines are left over.

Most of them contain an error:

2023-04-22 01:02:21,637 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - ERROR - RuntimeError in OctoEverywhere's main RunBlocking function.; RuntimeError Exception: can't start new thread; Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoeverywhere/octoeverywhereimpl.py", line 45, in RunBlocking
    serverCon = self.createOctoServerCon(self.Endpoint, True, True, self.StatusChangeHandler, self.PrimaryConnectionRunForTimeSec, SummonMethods.SummonMethods.Unknown)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoeverywhere/octoeverywhereimpl.py", line 100, in createOctoServerCon
    return OctoServerCon(self, endpoint, isPrimary, shouldUseLowestLatencyServer, self.PrinterId, self.PrivateKey, self.Logger, self.UiPopupInvoker, statusChangeHandler, self.PluginVersion, runTime, summonMethod, self.ServerHostType)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoeverywhere/octoservercon.py", line 95, in __init__
    self.RunForTimeChecker.start()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 874, in start
    _start_new_thread(self._bootstrap, ())
RuntimeError: can't start new thread

Your OctoEverywhere is quite out of date. Recent version is 2.5.4.

|  OctoEverywhere! (2.4.0) = /home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint_octoeverywhere

OctoEverywhere - Free Remote Access, AI Failure Detection, And More! (octoprint.org)

You should also check for updates for the other plugins.

As I have written. I have a new fresh installation of the octoprint. Of course the safe mode there is no problem. I have this issue for a year so it doesn't matter which version.
How is it possible that Pi is filled up?

It looks like OctoEverywhere is causing your Pi to run out of memory - it keeps trying to start new threads but it can't, and that's normally because there's no memory left. It can't get a stable connection to the server, as @Ewald_Ikemann has highlighted.

If you have a fresh install with no plugins, then please share the logs from this install if you still have the issue. Otherwise, the problem is OctoEverywhere.

Updating OctoEverywhere might resolve the issue, as bugs are always being fixed in newer releases. Of course it matters what version it is as there will be differences between them.

1 Like

Thanks for helping Charlie! That thread bug is a nasty bug I finally just solved. It was due to a problem in the websocket-client lib. That was the bug that pushed me into supporting PY3 only since it was never fixed in PY2, and before that change, I had to keep my packages at a version where both PY2 and PY3 compatable.

Anyways, this should be fixed now as of 2.5.3, which was released last week. RomanCZ, please try to update the plugin and let me know if you hit it anymore!

2 Likes

You are right. This issue happens overnight and my wireless network switches off overnight.
Thank all of you guys for the support and effort.
I am going to install the new version and try it.

1 Like

The crash logs are still here. Also UI crashes are still here but no as too often as before.

Please share a systeminfo bundle, in the zip form that it comes, uploaded directly to the forum - not a separate cloud hosting provider. This means we can use tools such as https://bundleviewer.octoprint.org automatically without having to download and extract logs all the time.

2 Likes

The bundle is too big so I cant upload it here

It is that large because of this:

2023-05-11 09:36:01,517 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - Server con wss://starport-v1.octoeverywhere.com/octoclientws[4] IS past it's RunFor time 6 days, 8:34:10.111913 and IS past it's time since last user activity 6 days, 8:34:10.111981
2023-05-11 09:36:01,518 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - Server con wss://starport-v1.octoeverywhere.com/octoclientws[4] RunFor is complete and will be disconnected.
2023-05-11 09:36:01,519 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon Disconnect was called, but we are skipping the CloseAllWebStreamsAndDisable because it has already been done.
2023-05-11 09:36:01,519 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon websocket close start. IsPrimary?:True; wsId:1691112448
2023-05-11 09:36:01,519 - octoprint.plugins.octoeverywhere - INFO - OctoServerCon disconnect complete.

99% of the log is full of this.

Ever tried safe mode?

How can I get rid of this? I have the last version of an OctoEverywhere

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.