Octoprint Home buttons applying 0.08mm Z offset

What is the problem?

My Ender 5 Auto-home's with a 12.35mm Z offset (I like the extra gap as it stops the nozzle get coated when extruder is heating up). But when I home using the Home button in Control the nozzle homes to 12.27mm. I have no idea where the 0.08mm comes from. Of course I want it to be zero. Also cannot use the Bed levelling Plugin as I cannot set a negative offset i.e. the bed never raises enough to meet the BLTouch probe.

Note the printer works fine

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

octoprint.version : 1.5.3 (my is if it works leave it alone. i.e. only upgrade if necessary)
Windows 10
Ender 5 (modified 32bit silent mother board with BLTouch - stock Creality firmware) MSS DD hot end, Leas screw upgraded so now 1600 steps per mm instead of the default 400

WRITE HERE

Hello @sjgcornish !

What's about this?:

You should upgrade, since we can only support issues with the latest versions of OctoPrint, in case any bugs you run into were already fixed over a year ago.

Also,

I suspect your issue is one with your printer firmware - OctoPrint doesn't control either the Z offset or the homing position. It just sends G28, which means 'home'. If the printer moves to the wrong position, either something is incorrect in the firmware or your configuration of it. A Z offset of 12mm seems very high, especially for a BL touch that does not deploy more than a couple mm. Consider maybe specifying the home position separately.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.