Octoprint is currently not running error

What is the problem?

I deleted and re-installed Octopi on my Raspberry 4 and now I am getting the message, " The OctoPrint server is currently not running

If you just started up your Raspberry Pi, please wait a couple of seconds, then try to refresh this page.

If the issue persists, please log into your Raspberry Pi via SSH and check the following:

• Verify that the process is running: ps -ef | grep -i octoprint | grep -i python should show a python process:

pi@octopi:~ $ ps -ef | grep -i octoprint | grep -i python
pi 1441 1 6 11:12 ? 00:00:15 /home/pi/oprint/bin/python
/home/pi/oprint/bin/octoprint --host=127.0.0.1 --port=5000

• If it isn't, the question is why. Take a look into ~/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log , there might be an error logged in there that helps to determine what's wrong.
  • You might also want to try if you can restart the server (if no obvious error is visible): sudo service octoprint restart .

If all that doesn't help to trouble shoot the issue, you can seek support on the OctoPrint Community Forum. Please provide your OctoPi and OctoPrint versions as well as your octoprint.log and explain what you already tried and observed as detailed as possible.

I am able to access Octopi via SSH however, so I know it's up and connected.

What did you already try to solve it?

Everything listed above.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Can't even get there

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

lol...

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

great....don't know how to do that

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octo version 5.10.63-v71+, ender 3 and 5 pro, chrome browser, Mac M1 machine and Microsoft Surface

Would this be the issue?

3 Likes

Yes sir, that was it! Thank you kindly!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.