OctoPrint, OctoPi and the Raspberry Pi 3+

this morning i have running the octoprint nightly 0.15,and it works now
0.14 will not working for me.
but if i press print knob in octoprint,then the print is blue en still blue,en not the cancel or pause.
sorry my english is not good :stuck_out_tongue:

I was semi-stupid and got the 3 b+ and now the link for nightly builds does not work atm.. http://gnethomelinux.com/OctoPi/nightly/

gives me: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Probably due to this

Until the page comes back up, this image at least was reported to work on this OctoPi ticket.

Hello guys, I got an RPI B+ and installed the Nightly Builds "2018-03-23_2018-03-13-octopi-stretch-lite-0.15.0.zip" on that...
But, on the download page I see the new version: 2018-03-26_2018-03-13-octopi-stretch-lite-0.15.0.zip, so the question is, how I get the update from my version 2018-03-23 with the new relese 2018-03-26..???
I need reinstall all things or the sistem is able to update it...?
Thx for your help...

Hi, I have just found Octopi and have tried loading it on to a Pi 3+, however no joy.
After creating an SD card with 0.14 and powering it up it appears to have a problem as the red LED flashes a pattern. I haven't had time to attach a screen yet, but intend to do so tomorrow. If wanted I will supply the screen messages.

David

@Macca45 I suggest you read the article again which clearly states that OctoPi 0.14 won't work with the Pi 3+ :wink:

Yes I had just found that where you said you did not expect it to work. I was merely confirming that it doesn't work.

Ah, ok then. It sounded more like "why isn't it working" - and you wouldn't believe how many people already actually didn't read the article and then opened up support requests, hence my assumption this was the case here as well.

A post was split to a new topic: Installed OctoPi on Astrobox, can't connect to my WiFi

For image updates you usually need to reinstall. If it's just a new base image, the usual ways of updating a Raspbian image incl the kernel might be enough though.

So I just got a 3+ and trying to print with octopi/octoprint. I don't think the latest stable one works... I got the image in via both etcher and windisk imager and when I put the card in, I get a flashing red light and rainbow screen... Going to try a nightly now :frowning:

2018-03-30_2018-03-13-octopi-stretch-lite-0.15.0.zip
seem OK
=> boot OK , wifi OK

As a point of information, bought a new Pi3+ to run OctoPrint, but the Pi would not boot. Seems a setup that supplies ample power to the older Pi3 does not work. So there is something different in the power requirements of the new Pi3+. Have not yet puzzled out the difference.

Swapped in an older Pi3, and now have OctoPi running (my first use of OctoPrint).

Pi3+ needs a completely different build, libraries and drivers. Using anything below the nightly Octopi 0.15 builds will not work. It’s not power, just a different chipset.

It requires a later version of Rasbian and NOOBS too. You cannot take a build for a previous Pi version and plug the card in. The 3+ just won’t boot with any of them.

It’s a start from bare rebuild. The good news is that Octopi 0.15 builds work just fine. I just added the desktop GUI to make configuring the WiFi/LAN easier at the time.

2 Likes

For what it's worth, I downloaded the latest nightly OctoPi image onto a microSD card and threw it into a Raspberry Pi 3 B+, edited the /boot/octoprint_wpa_supplicant file (making sure to edit the wi-fi country at the bottom) and it joined my wi-fi without problems.

I also note that I next ran sudo raspi-config from an ssh session and the wi-fi country in the localisation section was still GB so I set it to US (as well as the timezone, locale...)

7 posts were split to a new topic: Getting a touchscreen to work on OctoPi 0.15.0 running on an RPi3+

A post was split to a new topic: I have a new Pi 3+. I cannot get Octopi to do anything

Greetings,

This is my first time here
I am about to invest in a 3D printer and would like to get OctiPi

I am thinking of getting the Pi3 B+ from Amazon. But was reluctant when I saw a few folks had issues.
Looking at the latest build (0.15.1) I see that 3+ is included (see attached image). Does this also include the 3B+

Thanks in advance!

Never mind
I found my answer

Thanks!

1 Like

The limitation in printing speed you have is a product of your printer not the Raspberry Pi