Octoprint on Beaglebone Black - Issues

What is the problem?

Following the directions in the guide here:

The server cannot be accessed; the connection is refused.

What did you already try to solve it?

I ran systemctl:

debian@beaglebone:~/OctoPrint/venv/bin$ systemctl status octoprint.service
● octoprint.service - LSB: OctoPrint daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/octoprint; generated)
Active: active (exited) since Sun 2020-09-20 19:59:36 UTC; 8min ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 865 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/octoprint start (code=exited, status=0/SUCC

Sep 20 19:59:34 beaglebone systemd[1]: Starting LSB: OctoPrint daemon...
Sep 20 19:59:36 beaglebone systemd[1]: Started LSB: OctoPrint daemon.

So it appears the daemon is running...

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Can't find any:

"debian@beaglebone:~/OctoPrint/venv/bin$ cd ~/.octoprint/logs
-bash: cd: /home/debian/.octoprint/logs: No such file or directory"

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

v0.17.0, N/A, Prusa MK3S, dunno, Chrome, Debian Linux image here: bone-eMMC-flasher-debian-10.4-console-armhf-2020-05-18-1gb.img.xz.

I also removed the DNSMASQ issue that causes a lot of networking havoc as I wrote about here:
https://www.andersknelson.com/blog/?p=559

Hi @UFAnders - I'm wondering if you ever got Octoprint to work on the BeagleBone Black? I'm looking into trying it, as the RPi's are hard to come by and I happen to have a couple BBB's available. I also saw a comment by someone saying they'd been able to do it, which gives me hope.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance -

Try to put a debian based os on it and follow this guide

Just replace all pi user related things with your username

thanks very much! I'll give it a try and report back. I've tried to install it manually (after stock BBB Debian 10.5 install), but running into trouble trying to upgrade python and get it running in the virtual environment described in the how-to I found. I'm a neophyte linux user, I have to google every command - very monkey see/do. I was, however, able to get Octoprint running on my only available RPi3B, so perhaps this method will work for me.

1 Like

I run Octoprint on a BeagleBone Black with Debian Buster. Works fine for everyday printing but using a webcam with the -y option seemed to overload the processor sometimes.

Post where you got stuck and I´ll see if I can help you out?

My version info:

python3 --version
Python 3.7.3

cat /etc/dogtag
BeagleBoard.org Debian Buster IoT Image 2020-04-06

uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.19.94-ti-r70 #1buster SMP PREEMPT Fri Dec 24 16:57:36 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux