Octoprint restore from backup with plugin

What is the problem?

Octoprint plugin will not allow restore from previous backup. I went to update to the new Octopi version and decides to create a fresh install on another SD card. I made a backup of the instance I am using and downloaded it to my Mac. On the setup of the new instance it asked if I wanted to restore from backup, I said yes and went to the folder. No files in that backup are selectable. Is the backup/Restore plugin supposed to read the backup or is there something else I need to be doing

What did you already try to solve it?

searched the forums and see many manual SSH solutions. There was a thread that talked about dropping the files into the location on the SD card. Need some help there.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

NA

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

The backup should be the whole zip file that you downloaded, and not extracted.

Thanks, After some additional searching I see that if there are time-lapses in the backup it may fail. I have recreated the backup and it is much smaller now. i will try it tomorrow after a long print finishes. Thanks

worked. thank you

For some reasons, when downloaded, the backup file was extracted into a folder with basedir, metadata.json, and plugin_list.json. So how can it still be restored?

I think that's a mac os thing I read about. Your machine is automatically extracting the zip file. Zip it back up and all those contents is what it meets to recreate.

Yes, certainly. And to disable it, uncheck "Open "safe" files after downloading" in Safari preferences > General as in the picture:–

But the issue persists. If interested, here is the thread ---> Octoprint Restore is not working