OctoPrint Server is not currently running.......and won't start

What is the problem?
Just upgraded the board in my ender3 to SKR v1.3. I connected the same Pi that I had been using previously to the new board and booted it up. The Pi is booting, and I can SSH to it. However, the web interface won't load. I get the "OctoPrint Server is not currently running" page when I navigate to the Pi IP address.

What did you already try to solve it?
Tried manually restarting the service (sudo service octoprint restart) but it doesn't start.

Tried upgrading from the SSH terminal (~/oprint/bin/pip install --no-cache-dir https://get.octoprint.org/latest)

I looked at octoprint.log and while I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, nothing screamed out "ERROR". I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
octoprint.log (33.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)
Trying to avoid having to reimage the card because my new hardware case makes it very hard to get in and out of. If I can fix it from the command line, that would be ideal.

Thanks in advance!

I did get it to start in safe mode. Trying to figure out what might be causing issues by removing plugins.

Removed a couple of plugins not in use (Marlin Flasher, GRBL Support) and restarted. System is back to normal now and appears to be working fine.

1 Like

Hi @vrocco!

Great you found out.
Please mark your post with the solution as solution:

I can not for the life of me find the folder to set safe mode. Nothing I do is working to get my interface back up. Where is the folder for the yaml?

In Linux, folders which start with a period are hidden normally from standard ls commands. The one you're interested in is ~/.octoprint so that definitely would be hidden. Try:

cd ~/.octoprint
ls -l config.yaml

Im using WinSCP, is there a way I can find it in there?

Either scp or WinSCP are made to move files back and forth. Since you're interested in adjusting ~/.octoprint/config.yaml in-place, I don't think that's the tool I'd use. (The file is rather picky about line endings and your Windows-based computer might munge that up for you.)

Use PuTTY otherwise to get a remote connection.

WinSCP can display hidden folders but I don't remember off the top of my head how to enable it. A google search should turn up the answer.