Possible octoprint hacking attempt?

I've been scratching my head for months now (excuse the lack of periods, I have to Null them for my computer guests and the changes they like to makeNull)

Someone or something was looking for a way into my network for quite some time it seems, and they finally found it through my octopi I scrupulously analysed the code and it was written in C - when I say written, I mean speak to test to code - something I head Elon musk used to doNull
n/f it got in through my octopi, and I was finally able to find the entry point text file showing the path it made into the octopi to then take over my network, influencing almost supernatural abilities - so I am looking for help in making sense of this so that I can "exorcise" this virus demon back to its pit.

You just showed a picture of a log file. It's hard to read, if anything you could copy and paste it into here, but I don't know what we are supposed to derive from a log.

If this is real- if you were damaged by .. some hack .. you haven't given enough details to communicate it. If you think your Pi was hacked, reimage the Pi from scratch. If you think Apple was accessed ("hacked"??), change your password.

1 Like

It also looks like your Pi is open to the world, which is a horrible idea.

2 Likes

@tedder42 beat me to it... But, I feel it's an important point to reiterate..... why on earth is your Pi open to the public internet?

1 Like

I'm sorry, but I don't see anything confirming that claim in your screenshot. That screenshot looks like a regular octoprint.log displayed in an editor that doesn't properly display linux line endings, making everything appear on one line. The right side and the left side don't add up, so my guess is either things are missing or the horizontal scrollbar down there goes faaaaar to the right (I can't say from the screenshot). There's also a traceback of an exception in there. But I see neither any kind of "C Code" nor do I see anything that hints at gained access. I'm not sure what you think you are looking at, but all I see is a mangled log interspersed with request headers - the latter which is unusual but could still be part of some regular logging. Absolutely impossible to say though based on a screenshot.

Also, as already has been pointed out, do not put your OctoPrint instance on the public internet. You wouldn't put your washing machine or your paper printer on the net either (I hope).

And please cut back a bit on the prose, between "makeNull", "doNull", mentions of supernatural abilities and Elon Musk it's pretty hard to even follow you.

3 Likes

Im glad I was abkle to catch your attention Gina - The man stated is a relative and is quite vehement towards me - only reason I brought it up - This was the log I got on the day that the penetration happened - My octooprint is dead in the water as I have no idea what was put on itNull I fear even plugging in the SD card as it was used as a war tool - If I can get a mirror image to you guys, could you take a look at it and maybe see what happened and how it can be reversed/? My concern is that there was a wallet under the surface in the octoprint (raspbian) Could you assist me in researching this Gina? Your knowledge is beyond my scope of comprehensionNull- I would look at it on a virtual machine, but all my computers are already in a virtual machine mode - trapped in a reboot loop that I can't format or nuke, Ans this occurs on 2 windows laptops, 3 iPhones, 1 MacBook 2018, 1 iMac - The damage seems much more prominent on the Macs, I literally have the Unix source code access that can manipulate the Mac OS - I know its all odd but I think I might know why all of this happened

Going to be honest..... I didn't understand very much of that at all.....

Honestly my only recommendation is to get OctoPrint off the public internet (it really shouldn't be there....), and if you're worried, flash the SD card with a fresh OctoPi install (or Raspbian and install OctoPrint..).

1 Like

Im glad I was abkle to catch your attention Gina -
The man stated is a relative and is quite vehement towards me - only reason I brought it up -
This was the log I got on the day that the penetration happened -
My octooprint is dead in the water as I have no idea what was put on itNull I fear even plugging in the SD card as it was used as a war tool -
If I can get a mirror image to you guys, could you take a look at it and maybe see what happened and how it can be reversed/?
My concern is that there was a wallet under the surface in the octoprint (raspbian) Could you assist me in researching this Gina?
Your knowledge is beyond my scope of comprehensionNull-
I would look at it on a virtual machine, but all my computers are already in a virtual machine mode - trapped in a reboot loop that I can't format or nuke, Ans this occurs on 2 windows laptops, 3 iPhones, 1 MacBook 2018, 1 iMac -
The damage seems much more prominent on the Macs, I literally have the Unix source code access that can manipulate the Mac OS - I know its all odd but I think I might know why all of this happened

what do you think is better readable (besides the typo's) ?

I have no idea what was put on itNull I ???
there was a wallet under the surface ???
I would look at it on a virtual machine, but all my computers are already in a virtual machine mode - trapped in a reboot loop that I can't format or nuke, ???
I literally have the Unix source code access that can manipulate the Mac OS ???

nothing what you write makes any sense sorry

the pi is shut down, its dead to me

Well it looked as if someone took the bait.

Now I know where it came fromNull = OctoPrint control staff :frowning: but why? Gina, as a German noble to another could you please help me track this person down?

I apologise for my spelling - I jumbled up my keyboard to make it more difficult for the herded on it to make hard changes - I am new to programming, but am referred to as the "THE Programmer" for some reason.

Not really following.... I mean, I wasn't following before, but now I'm even more confused than I was before...

Really not following here either...

1 Like

Sorry, but until your posts start making sense I won't do anything here, least of all believing that this is even remotely related to OctoPrint.

The only thing we so far have here is a bad screenshot of bits of an octoprint.log in Windows Notepad (edit with timestamps from October 2017, so not even something remotely recent), you claiming that somehow that shows that someone used OctoPrint to hack your Apple devices (at least what I saw doesn't), some conspiracy theories about $People using your computer to do things (or something?) and rebooting virtual machines. Add to that some screenshot of god knows what and I'm beyond confused at the utter lack of sense in this topic and am honestly starting to feel that you are trolling us here.

2 Likes

Also.... Just throwing it out there.... The timestamps in your logs are from October 2017...

Guys, I’m really sorry for the confusion. Gina orngebotyer posters, would you be willing to skype or video conference?

*or any of the other posters

I’ve been working on this issue since August, October was the full penetration

And the most recent screenshot was a spin dump that came from the octoprint website.

I had it hidden and firewalled

Your log is from October 2017! It's over a year old. It can't be related to anything that happened this year.

A what dump? It looks like a call stack from an iOS webkit view in a debugger or profiler. It has nothing to do with OctoPrint.

I'm not. You still haven't brought forward any kind of evidence that whatever issues you have in your LAN (which are still completely and utterly unclear too) are in fact related to OctoPrint in any kind of way (as your click bait topic title claims). In fact, it's not even clear what kind of issues you even have that would confirm your claim of "apple having been hacked". So I'm not sure why I should spend the last minutes before my desperately needed vacation with troubleshooting your home networking for free.

And I also still can't shake this feeling of all this just being a prank or trolling attempt considering the whole run of this thread.