Printer sent 'start' while printing

What is the problem?

Printer stopps randomly while printing

What did you already try to solve it?

Removed a WiFi Power Plug, other power supply for the raspberry, other position of the raspberry, Tape on the 5V power pin, put magnetic filter around the cable (USB and power)

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log
serial.log
cat /var/log/syslog

Additional information about your setup

Ender 2
Marlin 1.1.8 (Github)
OctoPrint: Version 1.5.3
Raspberry Pi 3b
Firefox 85.0.2 (64-Bit)

I use the plugin Continuous Print Queue to print. For some days it prints finde without any issue. And then suddenly it stops while printing. If I look into the syslog of the pi it looks like restart. Is this the initial cause?

Cheers

It could have been power issues, since the printer rebooted. It doesn't look like your Pi rebooted, though the syslog you have posted doesn't align with the time that the printer reboots.

The printer also loses its target temperatures, more evidence that it reset somehow.

Is this a regular problem? Or is it one off? It may be a firmware issue, but I would suspect more a physical issue with the power supply - you also have lots of undervoltage warnings.

1 Like

This Problem is regular.
OK so I ordered the official power supply. But this problem is new since some weeks.

How do you know? In which log log/line do you see that?

In the serial log, you can the first temperature reporting here:

2021-02-14 08:19:08,632 - Recv:  T:210.82 /0.00 B:54.73 /0.00 @:0 B@:0

I can't see any commands in the logs that have reset the target, so I think the printer did it itself.