Printer Unloading filament at the print start

What is the problem? When ever i start a print my cr-10 unloads all filament and starts printing

What did you already try to solve it?
I have tried Multiple slicers(Cura, Slicer, Simplify). It only happens when printing over USB. This doesn't occur when printing over SD. Due to it happening only over USB and not SD i am thinking that its an issue with octoprint and not printer or slicer.

I am using a modified Cr-10s. I am running octoprint version 1.3.10

this is my first time posting. if there is more information you need just ask.

What slicer are you using? Share your start gcode from the slicer. If you think it's fine, enable octoprint serial logging and share that.

I think I'd also check the OctoPrint -> Settings -> GCode Scripts -> Before... script. And by "check" I mean: share it here.

1 Like

Couldn't find anything else related to this and as the original poster seems to have abandoned it I thought I'd butt in with the exact same issue on another printer. Alfawise U30 Pro - gone through all the settings in Octoprint but if I try to print anything on Octoprint it unloads the filament and then starts "printing". The exact same gcode from the SD card prints without issues. The printer was doing the same thing even when trying to print from the SD card as long as the USB cable to the pi with octoprint was connected. Checked the Before script - it's empty (as are all of the others, too except for "After print job is cancelled". Any ideas on why this happens? Marlin 1.1.9 FW and Octoprint 1.3.12.

Got a serial.log to share (enable, reproduce, upload)? See logs.

Hi, I have the same issue. I am printing via my octopi.local server. I have a Monoprice Maker Select Plus printer with ADVvi3++ v4.0.3 (Mod) a BLTouch v3.1. I am slicing with Cura 3.6.0 and printing with PLA filament.3-Cam Support Posts v2.gcode.zip (1.3 MB) octoprint.log.zip (10.6 KB)
I have enabled serial logging and will send you a log file when I see the problem again.
Thanks for your support.
Salty Doug

I am running Octopi 1.3.12.

Hi,
This problem is very reproducible with my MMSP printer. it happens about every 4th print job.

I am running ADVi+ 4.0.5 on the printer, 0.17.0 Octopi image and 1.3.12 Octoprint on a RPi 3 B+.
Here is a zip file of Serial.log (2) and Octoprint.log The unloading just occurred and I uploaded and zipped up the files.

Thanks for looking at this.
latest_serial.log.zip (1.7 MB) Unloading Filament-2.zip (2.3 MB)

Did anyone ever figure out this issue? there is NO gcode anywhere in my setup that calls for this.

I'm on Octoprint 1.6.1 at this point and this issue is the exact same.

Thanks!

It could be a difference between relative and absolute extrusion mode, if you upload the serial.log as above we may be able to help.