Prints fail when sent through octoprint

What is the problem?

I'm getting errors in the print (first layer) if I send the gcode through octoprint. The very same gcode prints fine if I use the sd card or an usb drive to manually start the print job.

What did you already try to solve it?

To the right, the blob that my print turned into thanks to the bad first layer.
To the left, the very same gcode (same file), just added manually to the printer.
The only difference is that I sent the failed print through octoprint and asked to print from the webview.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20220514195515.zip (183.5 KB)

Additional information about your setup

• OctoPrint: 1.7.3
  • OctoPi: 0.18.0
  • Biqu B1 SE Plus
  • Printer firmware: 2.5.0 (official latest as the time of writing)
  • Google Chrome 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)

At one point during my time using octoprint with my cr10s, all my prints started behaving the same. They would fail miserably or be very warped as if the printer was not leveled and not with its maintenance up to date. Which it was.
I literally spent all the weekends of a good chunck of the first 6 months of last year swapping parts, doing every conceivable maintenance possible and I had no luck to the point where I gave up on the CR10S and bought last week this biku. So yeah, it never crossed my mind that octoprint may be responsible for that. I only discovered that today as my very first print on this new printer came perfectly fine. The gcode in question came from the sd card that came with the printer. That was what finally made it click that octoprint was the root cause.

What I was finally able to pimpoint after understanding octoprint was the cause, is that the prints under octoprint are not using the babystep I applied to the printer. I'm almost certain this seems to be the reason...

Hello @brunosxs !

If you need help, you should use the sub-forum Get Help. (I'll move it for you)

Please provide the following informations:

What is the problem?

WRITE HERE

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support! )

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, .... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Thanks @Ewald_Ikemann . I updated the main post to follow the rules of the forum. Sorry for that.

What I discovered yesterday while testing this alone and looking at the gcode is that somehow, octoprint is not telling the printer to use the babystepping values I saved on the printer. I do not understand as of now why this happens. It does not make much sense to me as if it were a missing gcode on start, it would run regardless of if I send the printjob through octoprint or directly to the printer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.