I'm getting errors in the print (first layer) if I send the gcode through octoprint. The very same gcode prints fine if I use the sd card or an usb drive to manually start the print job.
To the right, the blob that my print turned into thanks to the bad first layer.
To the left, the very same gcode (same file), just added manually to the printer.
The only difference is that I sent the failed print through octoprint and asked to print from the webview.
octoprint-systeminfo-20220514195515.zip (183.5 KB)
- OctoPrint: 1.7.3
- OctoPi: 0.18.0
- Biqu B1 SE Plus
- Printer firmware: 2.5.0 (official latest as the time of writing)
- Google Chrome 101.0.4951.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)
At one point during my time using octoprint with my cr10s, all my prints started behaving the same. They would fail miserably or be very warped as if the printer was not leveled and not with its maintenance up to date. Which it was.
I literally spent all the weekends of a good chunck of the first 6 months of last year swapping parts, doing every conceivable maintenance possible and I had no luck to the point where I gave up on the CR10S and bought last week this biku. So yeah, it never crossed my mind that octoprint may be responsible for that. I only discovered that today as my very first print on this new printer came perfectly fine. The gcode in question came from the sd card that came with the printer. That was what finally made it click that octoprint was the root cause.
What I was finally able to pimpoint after understanding octoprint was the cause, is that the prints under octoprint are not using the babystep I applied to the printer. I'm almost certain this seems to be the reason...