Problem of compatibility with new prusa slic3r 2.0.0

HI everybody and thanks to read me

What is the problem?
I've installed the new prusa slicer 2.0.0, wich is great btw
when I export locally the gcode and when I launch it, the print start directly without heating

What did you already try to solve it?
When I use slic3r PE or new prusa slicer 2.0.0 directly from sd card with octoprint unplugged, it works perfectly.
When I use Slic3r Prusa edition 1.41.3 + octoprint, heater dont heat and start printing
When I use new prusa slic3r 2.0.0 + octoprint, heater dont heat and start printing
When I use new prusa slic3r 2.0.0 + octoprint + print from SD card heater heat but print stop after few minutes and fail message from octolapse
When I use new prusa slic3r 2.0.0 + print from SD card + octoprint plugged and connected heater heat but print stop after few minutes.

When I use pi's slic3r + octoprint, heater dont heat and start printing

My Rpi temperature was arround 55°c

I'm using the latest version of octoprint 1.3.11
here is the list of all the plugins I've installed on octoprint:

• cancel objects
  • cost plugin
  • E-stop setings
  • Filament manager
  • Heater timeout
  • NAvbar temperature plugin
  • octolapse
  • slic3r
  • Tab order
  • themeify

Please share the octoprint.log.

here it is octoprint.log (1.6 MB)
I made all tests today 2019-05-26 around 8 o'clock

Have you tried running OctoPrint in safe mode to verify your plugins aren't causing any issues?

2 Likes

no, I didn't know about this
but ok I'll try it tomorrow
Thx !

Ok so that's it, I ran it in safe mode and it works perfectly
so it should be a plugin
the camera doesn't work anymore in safe mode ...
don't know if it's relevant ?
I ran the test again in normal mode without octoprint and the camera goes off when the print started ....

1 Like

It works, so now you can begin to disable or remove plugins. There are errors in the logs from Cancel Objects, so I'd start with that. Others that are possible: Navbar Temperature, HeaterTimeout, Filament Manager, Cost Plugin.

2019-05-22 22:16:22,529 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.
[...]
2019-05-22 22:29:46,351 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.
[...]
2019-05-25 16:40:14,044 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
!!! FREQUENCY CAPPING DUE TO OVERHEATING REPORTED !!! Improve cooling on the Pi's CPU and GPU.

Your Pi has issues and you need to fix them or you'll continue to run into weird behaviour. It doesn't make sense trying to debug any kind of issues as long as your Pi keeps running into throttle situations.

@foosel
yes about this one
my RPI overheated around 85°c
it correspond to the time I wanted to slice a rather big project, I've ordered a fan to prevent this problem ...

@tedder42 @marchyman
For the moment, I just changed picam's config by putting it in default :
I was like this :
camera_raspi_options="-x 1280 -y 720 -fps 25"

I had somme stripes on the image, maybe was it because of those settings
and right now I launched a project and everything worked normally
so maybe that's it
don't u think that's weird ?

Your pi is not just reporting overheating there though but also undervoltage.

To get away from confusion: Since version 2.0.0 it's called PrusaSlicer (not Slic3r)...

1 Like

Ah ok,
I'll look for it then ! thx for your reply,
I'll check the output of the power suply,
I know it is 5V - 3A : https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01M58O9M9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The specs on the power supply are just that. Remember that the power supply actually has to output enough for the Pi. Electronics can fail or degrade.

First, though, try another power cable. Buy the best one you can find. It's a small price to pay for reliable operation of your Pi.

I've put an inverter behind the ps, and I've put the printer on it, I had a lot of crash lately often during the day.
What do you think about this inverter - it should do the job ? - I remember a chat with the prusa hotline and the guy said that it could make some problems ...

[Edit 2019/06/04]

In fact, I've learnt that crashes are not due to power failure but to a bad movement during the print and it is caused by tension in the belt ! I just had to tighten it
Thx !

I don't know if it already happenned to you but I had an annoying bug ...
sometimes when I want to launch a print, the temperature is automatically set to more than 500 ° and then the printer goes on security at 300°c
it's not a problem with the Gcode ... because when it cool down and when I launch the print again it works normally ...
most of all, I'm verry carefull about that and when I sse the settings at 500, I try to stop and to push the emergency button but nothing answer from octoprint !!! this just makes me crack a led ...
Did you ever have this problem ?

Have a look here: Erroneous temperature requests if file uploaded from internet

OK thx for your reply :smile:

Hi,
has anyone managed to build the non-GUI version of SuperSlic3r, so that it can be used by the Slic3r plugin ?
/To