Raspberry Pi 4 is out

thanks

I thought it may be power related, as the USB 3 ports can provide more power then the USB 2 ports

and mine has the USB C power issue (1 instead of 2 resistors in the detection circuit) so wouldn't surprise me if there weren't a few more USB bugs with the USB 3 ports

but plugging into the USB 2 ports works fine :slight_smile: so is an easy fix instead of having to tape a fiddly bit inside a USB plug

my octoprint wifi works great no issue at all, but i put official 7 inch raspberry touch screen on RPi4 4gb. I want boot to desktop to load the browser but seen cant work at all.

i already install plugin "TouchUI" still cant work.

i try this command still cant work at all

1. sudo /home/pi/scripts/install-desktop
  2. sudo raspi-config -> Boot Options -> automatically boot to GUI as pi user
  3. sudo apt-get install lightdm

here is the image of scripts........

Uhm no that aren't your images. maybe the last one ist but the others are from the user @Clbyrd77.
What is your deal !?

Are you sure your pi can reach the internet?
and the fix missing command is sudo apt-get install --fix-missing in your case

yes, it connected to wifi.

I tested one of the files that your pi can't reach and it works for me.

Just to be sure your pi can reach it too and there is another problem try this

wget http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/initramfs-tools/initramfs-tools_0.130_all.deb

Still not working see the image below.

Then come back to this.

well you didn't paste the full link - you just entered the first part.
the full link is http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/pool/main/i/initramfs-tools/initramfs-tools_0.130_all.deb

Still not working.

When I run sudo apt-get upgrade, I get errors that components are not found. I can complete the process with sudo apt-get install --fix-missing but this should not be necessary. I somenting messed up in the 0.17.0 build?

try sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change and test if it works afterwards

Well, that's a new one on me. So this build was made before Buster was officially released, I suppose.

Thanks, that fixed it.

1 Like

Is there a rough timeline for when the Raspberry Pi 4 will be officially supported by OctoPi? I know there are nightly builds already, but I'd like to wait for a stable image.

2 Likes

is the webcam or raspberry pi camera supporting now?

Does running these commands update the firmware too? I want to install the firmware update that helps the Pi 4 run cooler.

yes you get them :slight_smile:

Anyone here connecting their Pi4 using this Octopi build to a BigTreeTech SKR board? I have the Mini V1.1, and still can't get it to recognize when I plug the board in via USB on any of the four ports.

Try this

tried the Octiprint on Rasberry pi 4 - when I try to SSH into it, password not accepted "rasberry" Need help

That's probably because the password is "raspberry", note the p in there.

2 Likes

It's a spelling test. mmhm

1 Like