RasPi acces to wifi with usernames and passwords

What is the problem?

I sponsored a printer for a school and while configuring the wifi via the wpa_supplicant.txt they noticed an issue - the school wifi has user accounts for the students and we don't know how one would setup this in the file

What did you already try to solve it?

Googled if anybody had similar issues or if there are tutorials on how to set it up. Also checked how people do hotel wifi stuff becuase that is similar-ish to the school system, but didn't really find anything too promising. Did the initial setup via a phone hotspot which obviously worked but isn't optimal.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Do you know exactly what type of network you are trying to log on to?

I have posted this answer before for a WPA2 Enterprise network, never received a reply on whether it worked:

OctoPi doesn't do anything special with the configuration compared with just regular RPi OS. If it helps your searching, try just '<your network type> raspberry pi' and you'll likely find a working configuration. The text file uses wpa-supplicant, so that is another useful keyword to put in a search, as some guides will have you use the GUI.

If your network requires login through a browser portal kind of thing, then I would speak to the network administrator as they might have a way to bypass it, for example by using the mac address of the Pi (write this down while you have it connected to your phone hotspot!)