Running prints through Duet3d and Raprap Firmware - embed into Octoprint interface

What is the problem?

I currently can run prints through Ocotprint or Duet Web Control (DWC)running RepRap firmware. However, the two control systems don't communicate with each other. So when i start a print through DWC, it wont register that a print is going on in Octoprint. I want to do this as the plugins of Octoprint, plus remote monitoring, are amazing. But running prints through DWC allows basic macros for print pausing, clog detection, baby stepping, and other functions.

Ideally i would be able to start a print at the printer (ie not through octoprint) but have octoprint register that a print is going on, and incorporate it into its system (ie timelapse, ocoto-everywhere, etc)

I know this isn't normally done as its semi redundant, but I would appreciate any and all help.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried running the same print both ways. I can not access the gcode files that are on the printer (ie accessible through DWC) and vice versa. I know that the sd card is not initialized, something i couldn't figure out how to do either.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No, i don't know if that would help

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20230925135111.zip (174.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint: 1.9.2
Octopi: Build 2023.07.18.111854, based on OctoPi 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
Connected to printer via USB

Printer: Modix Big 180x
Board: Duet 2 WiFi (2WiFi)
Firmware: RepRapFirmware for Duet 2 WiFi/Ethernet 3.4.6 (2023-07-21)
Duet WiFi Server Version: 1.27

The printer is at a university, so I have had to get my own router inside the system.

Please attach it.

Please provide version numbers. Those can be different in hours.

Sorry I didnt upload this before, i had turned the printer off. Should have all that info there now. I am increasingly thinking this isn't possible due to the nature of the duet board, but i don't know much about anything so would love any help possible!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.