Setup Octiprint on Monoprice Voxel?

What is the problem?

I have Octopi set up on my Raspberry Pi and am signed in, but cannot connect my Voxel printer to it. It says " Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"

What did you already try to solve it?

I purchased a USB A to USB A (male to male) cable so that I could connect both the Voxel and the Pi.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected."
Changing monitoring state from "Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected." to "Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint 1.4.2

1 Like

Hello @elgrayso!

Is there no USB B connector on the printer?

The A connector (in this case) is for USB sticks.

No there is not a USB connector on the Voxel. Is there another way to connect to Octoprint? Thats a bummer, I guess I should have posted asking if Voxel was compatible before jumping the gun

1 Like

did you ever get this connected? Having the same issue

Hello @matt66dc !

I assume @elgrayso did not, because the Voxel does not support USB host connectivity.

But you may have a look on this:

No I ended up getting a Prusa, which I like a lot more and can use Octoprint

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Setup Octiprint on Monoprice Voxel?:

So I have bought a Monoprice Voxel for my first printer. Can I still not use Octoprint with it? Is there a way to setup a Raspberry Pi pc to run Octoprint and make it work with the Voxel? (For those that do not know, the Voxel is a rebranded Flashfourge Adventurer 3). TIA

I highly doubt it.
You need a plugin to get those closed source FlashForge printers to work at all and your printer doesn't come with a usb port.
I know it got a wifi connection, but afaik you can just access the webinterface with it and there is not way to communicate with the printers firmware.

a related github issue: