Starting G-Code from Slicer returns error from printer

Hey guys, I've been trying to set up Octoprint the past week or so and after having solved connectivity issues I moved on to trying to figure out the built-in slicer to get a print going. I copied and pasted the starting and ending G-Code from the TronXY slicing software and double-checked it in Cura after initially having this problem, but everything checked out. What is happening specifically is, upon initialization and sending that starting G-Code, my printer sends back an error after Octoprint sends the print bed temp and extruder temp commands. I don't have a reference for what initialization code should look like but any help or examples would be appreciated. Here's my code as well as the returned errors:

Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Starting"
Send: N92 G2133
Recv: ok N:92
Send: N0 M110 N0
Recv: ok N:0
Send: N1 G9017
Recv: ok N:1
Send: N2 M82
Recv: ok N:2
Send: N3 M107 T0*98
Recv: ok N:3
Send: N4 M140 S{material_bed_temperature}83
Recv: //sd cmd error cnt:95 len:39 :N4 M140 S{material_bed_temperature}83
Recv:
Recv: ok
Send: N5 M104 S{material_print_temperature} T0
Recv: //sd cmd error cnt:96 len:43 :N5 M104 S{material_print_temperature} T0
Recv:
Send: N6 M190 S{material_bed_temperature}*92
Recv: //sd cmd error cnt:97 len:39 :N6 M190 S{material_bed_temperature}92
Recv:
[...]
Recv: Resend:4
Recv: //last:3 curr:7 rcv:N7 M105
Send: N4 M140 S{material_bed_temperature}*83
Recv:
Recv: //callback_pf error
Recv: //sd cmd error cnt:98 len:39 :N4 M140 S{material_bed_temperature}*83

Hello @Andrew_Treas!

There are these lines in your log.

Cura should put some numbers where the keyword material_bed_temperature is written. List of keywords.
For some reason, cura does not put the value in. The keyword is written correct and the braces also are.

You may check with some other material profiles if the writing of the keyword may has changed. (They already did it in the past: When I try to print something I keep getting a "format error" from the printer on a line containing "{travel_speed}")

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Ewald! I did see that thread in my searches, I will do more research on it tomorrow but as far as I can tell, this should be working fine. I couldn’t figure out how to store material profiles beyond the nozzle and build plate temperatures, is there something I’m missing where I could store settings within the slicer?