Touch UI Plugin Not Working

Good Day to you all.

I recently updated to the latest version of Octoprint v1.4.0 and the TouchUI plugin was working before on v1.3.12.
On the Touchscreen all that I am seeing is a white screen with a square 'sad face' in the middle with the following below it" (::1) refused to connect. ?
Please can someone advise on a possible 'fix'?

4 Likes

Hello,
I have the same problem here.
::1 refused to connect

Hello @cyberdwarf!

See @foosel's post and cling to the link.

Hello Ewald,

thx... it works again!

1 Like

is there anyway someone could give me the dumb down version steps please I am really new to all this.
Thanks

Hi,
I just updated my octoprint to 1.4
It works well in general but now TouchUI will not startup on my small RasPi Display anymore.

Any news about that?

THX
Cappy

After some digging it turns out there's an easy fix actually:

tldr: On OctoPi SSH in, run this:

~/oprint/bin/octoprint config set --bool server.allowFraming true
sudo service octoprint restart
sudo service touchui restart

On other installs adjust path to octoprint accordingly and restart OctoPrint and TouchUI.

Reason is a security measure against clickjacking added in 1.4.0 that conflicts with TouchUI's bootloader for local displays.

edit I've also added an FAQ entry on this:

6 Likes

Hello,

raspbian stretch.
Just update to 1.4.0 and same issue...
I try

but nothing new. Still break..

Thank you to tell how to roll back or solve the issue
1 Like

Hi, new here, and new to this so excuse my lack if knowledge! I successfully ssh in and followed the commands and the sad face went and touch gui loaded again. I started a print, and all looked good! I went back about an hour later (screen had gone to sleep) bug upon waking it, touch UI has gone and now I have a screen showing a page to download Chrome? Like a windows page would look? Any help gratefully received

Perfect, copied and pasted each line one at a time and all fixed for me. Thank you guys.

1 Like

Thank you very much! this worked for me.

Unfortunately, didn't work for me -- still having the same problem.

(And now the server doesn't seem to start, either....)

Frustrating!

I've been able to get Octoprint running very well until I start trying to get the system to boot straight to touchui on the 7" raspberry screen. I get the same symptoms, shows a white screen with "refused to connect". I went through the fix, but it didn't help.

I thought maybe I needed to set the autologin, so I edited the yaml file but that didn't help.

And now, somehow, octoprint is no longer starting at all, even with "sudo service octoprint restart". That seems to work, but the server doesn't start and there aren't any new entries in the log file, either...

Ugh. Looks like I'm going to have to reformat and re-etch octopi again....

Thanks! It worked for me, but in addition I had to go into /etc/default/touchui and changed the port number from 8888 to 80.