Unable to see pi in network

What is the problem?
in setting up octoprint for the first time, i have flashed the image onto the SD card using this tutorial

and set up the wifi using this one (ive checked multiple times, and even had my wife check to make sure i didnt mess it up

yet when i try to access using the octopi.local all i get is the site cannot be reached error

What did you already try to solve it?
i have checked the IPs going through my router and i do nit see the pi showing up. i found there were some workarounds on youtube that go through the network interface, but they must be for an older version because my screens arent matching up. i feel i should mention that at this point i dont have the pi hooked up to the printer since i wanted to have a screen availible so its plugged into my tv in case i need to go through anything on the pi.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
Raspberry pi 3, latest version of octopi, and trying to access through laptop running windows 10,

Try this tutorial and see if it works any better for you.

i actually figured out my issue, i have a 2nd router (a 5ghz, and the ISP one which is 2.4) i figured out that i cant hook up to the 2nd router, i had to connect to the ISP router and boom i got an IP adddress in the wlan0. so i am up and running. Thank you though i toiled over this for almost 5 hours lol

i will ask however is there a way to speed up sending files to my printer, it seems ungodly slow

You might try installing an Ethernet cable to the Raspberry to see if the upload speed increases. If it does then troubleshoot this like a signal strength problem with respect to distance to your ISP router. Or it could be slow transfer between your two routers.

Note that a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (emphasis on the plus) actually does support 5GHz wi-fi, for what it's worth.