Update 1.5.1 needs to be fixed

What is the problem?

updated to the latest version and I was wondering if anyone else noticed an issue that their printer will NOT stop printing, even when trying to use the remote command to both pause and cancel.

What did you already try to solve it?

using the emergency stop

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

same issue

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
octoprint version 1.5.1

Could you please upload an octoprint.log and a serial.log ?

Just to be sure - you know that depending of what is printed when you cancel the print it could take several seconds until the printer finishes the buffered gcodes, right?

2020-12-05 23:12:27,689 - octoprint.util.comm - WARNING - Printer sent 'start' while printing. External reset? Aborting job since printer lost state.
2020-12-05 23:12:27,700 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2020-12-05 23:12:27,704 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Cancelling"
2020-12-05 23:12:27,723 - octoprint.printer.standard.job - INFO - Print job cancelled - origin: local, path: MP_Select_Mini_LED_Bar_Mount_for_Ball_and_Socket.gcode, owner: Compwolf2020, user: None
2020-12-05 23:12:28,560 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event print_cancelled, payload: {u'origin': u'local', u'file': '9bd58323d5b6099ff24d56e9fbfc189b32d6da34', u'elapsed': 1638}
2020-12-05 23:12:29,199 - octoprint.plugins.tracking - INFO - Sent tracking event print_failed, payload: {u'origin': u'local', u'reason': u'cancelled', u'file': '9bd58323d5b6099ff24d56e9fbfc189b32d6da34', u'elapsed': 1638}
2020-12-05 23:12:30,221 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - M110 detected, setting current line number to 0
2020-12-05 23:12:31,468 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Cancelling" to "Operational"

this was logged before I hit the emergency button and about to pull the power.

I want to highlight two things here. One, is that you tell us that the update needs to be fixed - remind me how much you paid for OctoPrint?

Secondly, you've not only ignore the logs section once, but twice even when asked for it. It says

And also

So I suggest that you provide this information so since this is the only way that we can tell what is going on. And as you're the first to report this issue, you have to cooperate and provide everything since there is obviously some edge case here for you.

And before I go, remember that serial.log must be enabled, then you have to reproduce the issue (just a short print, don't worry about wasting your time/filament) and upload the whole file.

3 Likes

Disable the Action Command Prompt Support plugin in settings and see if it stills is an issue.

I'll keep this mind for future use, thank you. I asked on another site and they helped with the issue of it timing out after 5 minutes that the commands stop responding (even shutting it down comes back as 'command not sent') this is my first time in this community chat so I don't know how all the options or requests have to be posted. Like walking into a room and getting a chair thrown at you.

Don't take it personally :slight_smile:

Sometimes we got users who describe their problems literally with three words and most of the users don't post logs.
When you response to things like that over and over again you might get a bit frustrated.

Also the title of your post is a bit demanding - which I guess wasn't meant that way.
We also got users who demand things in an unpleasant way - same thing.

I'm glad we found a fix for you and wish you happy printing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I appreciate that you may be new here, but you also have to look at it from our perspective - helping 100s of users with random upgrade issues (most of which are not upgrade related), providing a template for you to fill in to get help quicker, and it is mostly ignored.

I can relate (not compare to something like customer service) but text can be out of context depending on current situations. I'll try to be better and take the time to thoroughly display the situation. The clearer the question, the clearer the answer I guess.

2 Likes

It seems to me that you threw the first chair.