Updated Dashboard This Morning Now Can't Print

What is the problem?
I updated to the latest 1.4 Octoprint the other day and didn't have any issues printing. This morning I had a prompt that the Dashboard plugin needed to update so I updated and I haven't been able to print since.

I load my file, hit print and the temps on the extruder and bedplate set to the target, but once both get to the target the temps reset to zero.

What did you already try to solve it?
I poked around the octorprint.log file and thought maybe the DisplayLayerProgress might be causing the issue with the latest Dashboard plugin based on what I was reading, but that didn't solve the issue.

I next disabled the Dashboard plugin as well, but I am getting the same behavior.

I am also getting an interesting error every once in a while that says the print is larger than the bed volume, which it isn't. It's the same small print I was running yesterday and can't get to run today. The GCode Viewer shows the print is quite small and contained in the center of the bed.

When I open that error message it says my print volume is 0x0x0, even though my printer volume is showing up just fine in the printer profiles

Seems something with the latest updates is really screwed up, either Octoprint 1.4 or or both.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Dashboardoctoprint_after_disabling_plugins.log (53.9 KB) octoprint_before_disabling_plugins.log (32.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Running Marlin 2.0.x bugfix

I reenabled the two plugins and then turned on serial logging so I could get the serial.log file and attach. Now the printer won't even get to the target temps before it shuts down.

I am wondering if there is a serial issue going on now, but why would updating the Dashboard plugin update start causing this?

serial.log (26.2 KB)

You first may tray safemode. If that works, you could disable the Dashboard.

Safemode appears to work fine, although I am still getting the build volume error.

Well, now I am wondering if the problem is something else entirely. When running in safe mode, my printer movement is no longer keeping up with the commanded print speeds, almost like my power supply is dying and maybe that is why I am having trouble with Octoprint.

Do you have the model size detection on? It's stll beta.

yes, I have this enabled, but it's been enabled for a while now so something with one of the updates appears to be causing the issue.

I will uncheck for now.

Hi @kgrigio,
did you already test to disable only "DisplayLayerProgress-Plugin"?
Some informations in the dashboard is then missing, but the heating should work.

Also, is it possible to attach the selected GCode?
In DLP V1.8.0 some unicode-characters couldn't be read (but I couldn't found this error in your log).
It is fixed in DLP Version 1.8.1.

After fixing my PSU today I am back to printing. This solved most of the issues I was having. I also saw Dashboard plugin updated this morning so perhaps that fixed some of the issues. I am just getting into printing again and will see if there are any other issues.

1 Like