Upping Video Resolution?

Camera model Amcrest AWC201-B

What is the problem? Nothing! Works great! I'm just wondering, how can I increase the video resolution a bit? 640x480 works, but I'd really like to bump it up a bit. 800x600, 960x720 or even 1440x1080 would be great!

What did you already try to solve it? I tried making the changes mentioned here, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support) webcamd.log (10.4 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...) OctoPrint: v1.7.3, OctoPi: v0.18.0

Thanks!

Hmm...that's what I thought. I have actually done that already to no avail...

I commented out the old setting in case I needed to revert. Can't imagine why it'd be causing a problem, but maybe I should get rid of it?

Looking at that again, let me try something...

Nope. Still doesn't work. Hahaha

...oh...guess it did work!

Didn't look like it when I checked earlier. Strange. Maybe I'll bump it up some more.

Anyway. Thanks!

One thing to watch out for is that the higher the video resolution, the more USB bandwidth required and you don't want to use so much bandwidth for video that you don't have enough bandwidth to send gcode to the printer.

(On the plus side... with really high video resolution, you will be able to more easily spot the bandwidth starved anomalies in your prints :slightly_smiling_face: )

Oh yea, for sure. Definitely not trying to do 4K or 1440p or anything. I just want to bump it up a bit because I view it in VLC so it's bigger and I can see what's going on better. The 480p looks pretty terrible. Hahaha

1 Like