USB fires octoprint to the rescue.... hopefully

What is the problem?

I upgraded my ender 5 plus to a SKR 1.4 Turbo board to quieten it down, that worked a treat then my usb cable overheated for some reason and blew that cable and killed my computer. Got a new computer and a new board but the usb is still warming up and smelling burnt. I got scared so decided to use a octoprint instead. now im having major issues with setting this up. Im a complete noob when it comes to this, i want to bypass the usb altogether. ive seen lots of posts about it but its all going over my head. i was just hoping someone could help me to use a 3 wire series instead.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried using Simple 3 wire serial connection from PI3 to SKR V1.3 board but like i said it kinda went over my head.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No idea how

Complete Logs

not show how to get them.

Additional information about your setup

SKR 1.4 TURBO, Using a raspberry pi 4, 1.5.3. Ender 5 Plus

Basically i want to run Octoprint on my SKR 1.4 Turbo without having to use usb. please help write a step by step instruction thanks

Wow, scary. Very surprised that "USB cable melting" generates lots on google. BTW did the incident damage the SKR board as well? I'm guessing it's a back powering issue ie the printer is drawing power from the PC via the USB cable. A lot of people put insulating tape on the 5v line on the USB plug. There's a thread here

Once I had a very cheap USB cable where connections were all inverse...

I tried doing the 5v tape thing but it just stopped sending anything across. I'll try a another new cable to see if that works

You shouldn't need that on that board at all - use this jumper to switch between usb power and psu power for the board