Why the server offline issue is still around?

I've only seen this issue on Pi 4 personally.

1 Like

Thanks. Let's see how your approach works first. If it does not help and others have no solution, perhaps better to replace the Pi4 with a Pi 3B+.

Hi, I tried the approach but unfortunately I still get "server offline". Is using a Pi 3B+ instead of a Pi4 the only way to get rid of this problem?

Added: In just one afternoon, it went offline four times.

Going to need more info.

• Assuming Pi connects to Wifi. Is it a router/firewall/access point combo or do you have other equipment? If a combo what model is it? If it's more complex what is the full topology?

• 2.4Ghz, 5Ghz ,or both? Have you tried one over the other?

• Result of iwconfig from SSH? (Strip SSID if you want)

• Result of iw reg get? Does this match your wireless regulatory domain?

• Have you tried a regular ethernet connection?

• Have you tried a USB wifi adapter?

• Have you tried a different Pi?

• Have you logged in via console(monitor) and ran dmesg to look for errors when it occurs? If possible save it and provide the next time. dmesg > /home/pi/dmesg.$(date +%s).log

(I may be asking something that was previously answered, sorry if I missed it)

Hi, I got some info from the ISP.

• I am using a Sagemcom FAST 5566. It is a moderm router combo with firewall built in.

• Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz automatically.

• I have not tried a regular ethernet connection as family members would complain.

• I have not tried a USB wifi adapter as there is wifi builtin the Pi.

• Yesterday when using a Pi4B, I got four server offline errors in one morning. Then, I changed to Pi3B+ in the afternoon. I got this error after using it for about 9 hours.

When I set up the Pi3B+, I recall a setting about testing connection every 5 minutes by default. How do I change it to every 1 minute? Do you think it will help?

You asked for the results of some commands. When the Pi is offline, I cannot connect to it via ssh. How do I issue commands and get the results? Are results immediately after the Pi is rebooted OK?

You can run the commands from the console using a monitor and keyboard or via serial console.

You might try the OctoPi nightly build as mentioned in https://community.octoprint.org/t/octopi-losing-network-connection-mid-print/16315/82

Thanks. I tried the Pi3B+ for a few days. It is a bit better but there are still shutdown issues. There are two folders under nightly and nightly-arm64. Shall I use the nightly one? There are lots of files inside that folder. How do I install it?

Hi, I have not encountered any server offline issue the past few days. Is this fixed in the latest version of Octoprint?

Octoprint itself never had this issue, it was an underlying wifi OS issue based on all the information gathered thus far.

I think @jneilliii s post sums it up so I'm closing this thread now.

1 Like