Creality CR-20 Pro sometimes not starting to print

Sometimes my Creality CR-20 Pro is not starting printing after bed and tool are heated up.

procedure:
#1: power on the octoprint with USB connected printer
#2: power on printer
#3: manually connect octoprint to printer
#4: start printer

Logs are attached :slight_smile: would be great if somebody could help me.

Printing Files are sliced with Cura 4.3 and then transfered to OctoPrint.

octoprint.log (11.8 KB) serial.log (48.5 KB)

by the way i just found following in the logfile:
2019-10-01 12:55:25,838 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.

but i don't think this could be the reason - because once it's working, it will work "forever" in the same setup. nevertheless i just ordered a new power supply

See that wavy line in the temperature graph? That's the reason your print never starts. The printer never reaches a stable target temperature as instructed to, it hovers around it but keeps fluctuating. The blocking M109 heatup command thus never finishes. The printer is stuck in an endless heatup loop.

You might want to do a PID tune.

You definitely also want to fix your undervoltage issue.

1 Like

that's great input. will do PID tune for tool right away. also PID tune for bed should not harm :slight_smile:

undervoltage should be fixed by tomorrow when i receive my new power supply.

maybe that will already solve any issue - many thanks

I would power on the printer first.
Some printers consume much power over usb and cause problems with the pi.

If you want you can do this so your printer can't be powered by usb anymore.

Guenda Hi, are you willing to share your octoprint profile for creality cr 20pro, i tried to setup cr20 pro a while ago, but i had some strange problems, if i remember correctly it didnt start printing, and after disconnecting from octoprint and tried to print directly from sd card the z offset was completley messed up. I dont remebmer correctly but Iam sure I had serious problems if i tried to use octoprint with my cr20 pro.