Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin

That would be a successful (JSON) dump of your settings and the use of the correct API key in this case. You might want to just enter that API key into the dialog box in Cura.

I mean, that's the key that I tried to put in Connect To Octoprint but I still get this error:

Is it possible to change the port to 5000?

Not sure what to tell you. Have you tried the other entities on the left?

A prerelease version of the OctoPrint Plugin for the newly released Cura 4.1 beta can be dowloaded here:

http://files.fieldofview.com/cura/OctoPrintPlugin-v6.1.0-2019-05-16T10_29_36Z.curapackage

Please drop the downloaded file into a running Cura application window, and restart Cura.

Unless issues are reported with this version of the plugin, it should be available as an update on the Marketplace soon.

1 Like

So I've not used OctoPrint for a couple weeks. It splashed "There is an update". Having not had issues before, i thought sure!

1. I noticed I could only upload gcode files. Is the Cura 18.04.4 engine gone?

2 my primary workstation is an HPmini110 - i686 processor...aka 32 bit. 18.0.6 is the only 32bit version of cura available. I'm running Lubuntu 18.06.

3 I have other 64 bit "machines" but only raspberry pi's. I found this Plugin for Slicers, how do I connect it. I have Cura 18.0.6 installed, Blender, Slicr, Slicr for Prusha, FreeCAD, LibreCad, K-3d.

I found plugins that allow me to upload .stl files, but then the slicer plugin won't load my file, I haven't figured it out?

I seem lost in time, in just 3 weeks!!!

I think most of us slice with a stand-alone slicer outside of OctoPrint and then upload the gcode file. You'll find that you'll enjoy really great control over what options you have as well as a slicer that's years newer.

The blog entry for the latest version talks about the Cura engine, btw.

2 Likes

Thanks for your plugin, it is really a wonder to work with comfort, a plugin essential for me.

1 Like

Please note that this thread is about a plugin for the standalone Cura version to send sliced gcode to OctoPrint. Not about the CuraEngine plugin that can be integrated into OctoPrint. Read the OctoPrint blog entry about this new version of OctoPrint, which no longer bundles the CuraEngine.

That's a rather old version. Ultimaker stopped supporting 32 bit systems after Cura 2.1 (in 2016). Perhaps you can compile things from source, but that's not a straightforward endeavor. Note that the plugin that this thread is about will only run in Cura 2.3 or newer.

I don't think anybody has managed to compile all the required bits to run Ultimaker Cura on a Raspberry Pi yet. I would say it does not have enough memory to run both a desktop and a memory-intensive process like a modern slicer.

1 Like

It would be great to be able to configure the ip of the camera directly from the plugin in Cura. So it would not be necessary to open the Octoprint web interface. Thanks.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not plan to reimplement configuration of OctoPrint into the Cura interface. The Cura plugin gets whatever URL and orientation for the camera stream is configured in OctoPrint from the OctoPrint instance.

For anyone having issues with the "API key not valid" on Cura 4.1 this worked for me. Add you server instance manually and check the box for "show reverse proxy options". Add in your user name and password used to connect to the OctoPrint server via the web interface and hopefully it should work. That did the trick for me anyway after trying everything else I could think of.

2 Likes

I just noticed that the OctoPrint Connection plugin has recently passed the 100.000 downloads milestone from the Cura Marketplace. It is the first plugin to do so, so that makes me proud.

:cake:

6 Likes

Many thanks for your plugin !

I have 2 printers, and 2 Octoprint servers, only 1 Cura of course ; is there a possibility to choose what printer to print to ?

Hello, and first of all congratulations on the great work @fieldOfView ! I've just discovered the Octoprint connection plugin and I'm having an issue which doesn't seem to be mentionned here yet : I am stuck in the API key checking process. Nothing happens... Any clue on how to fix that ?

I have 2 printers, and 2 Octoprint servers, only 1 Cura

The idea is that you add two printers in Cura, and connect each to a different instance of OctoPrint.

Are you sure the IP Address and port (5001) are correct? Normally the port is 5000.
Do you have a reverse proxy in place? Is it password protected? What version of OctoPrint do you use?

Thank you for your quick reply. Actually that makes a lot of sense, I never thought to do it like this :wink:

So I could just select what printer, slice, and send to the correct octoprint ?

So I could just select what printer, slice, and send to the correct octoprint ?

Yes.

Ultimaker have released a beta of Cura 4.2. Please help me test this version of the OctoPrint Connection plugin:
files.fieldofview.com/cura/OctoPrintPlugin-v6.0.0-2019-07-18T12_32_22Z.curapackage

Download the file and drop it onto a running Cura 4.2 application window. Then restart Cura.

1 Like

Thank you so much
I'll test it later this evening