Ender 3 connect problems

octoprint is showing the webcam but its not showing data, has the power return that I now know I should have blocked damaged the board

WChanging monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial connection" to "Error"
Changing monitoring state from "Error" to "Offline after error"

And next time don't delete the template but fill it out, it isn't there for show.

1 Like

I filled the stuff in that was relevant, the problem is obviously between the printer and the pi what speed my computer runs at or what operating system my pc is running is not going to make any difference, and I think its obvious what I've done to resolve it so far I read the terminal logs and wanted confirmation

Actually, this is very important information to know, as would be more logging information, since all we can really tell is that OctoPrint didn't have any devices to try to connect to at all: Performing autodetection with 0 port/baudrate candidates:.

Had we known what system you are running OctoPrint on, it would be possible to give you troubleshooting steps to get the connection working. As-is though, good luck.

No, you didn't, not even remotely. We didn't get a log. We didn't get info on safe mode. We didn't get info on what you run OctoPrint on. We didn't get info on what version you run. We didn't get info on your runtime environment. We didn't get info on any existing undervoltage situations. The only thing we got was a short (and frankly somewhat messy) problem description, a snippet from your terminal tab output and that's it.

The template is there for a reason. It queries the kind of information people will need in order to help you in most problem scenarios, and you filling it out shows that you respect their time and are willing to collaborate in the problem solving process.

1 Like

eeerm I pasted the terminal output that is a log of what is happening when trying to connect

the pleasant environment you have here very welcoming....so far its you must post a load of information that does not have any relevance because the problem is between the pi and has nothing
to do with my pc - it was working overnight I had a print where the silicone sock was knocked off the hotend that resulted in a thermal runaway, that is when it stopped working

This

is not a load of information. The most important part, the system info bundle, can be downloaded and just pasted into the template. It's like two clicks. The rest is minimal effort in problem description.

I directed you to an FAQ entry to help you debugging this further even though you did completely ignore the plea to provide some minimal amount of information. And instead of understanding why this is bad now you actually double down on this decision, completely disrespecting the time of everyone in this community here, because you believe you know best what kind of information we need for problem analysis.

That tells me everything I need to know about your attitude and appreciation towards the hard and completely free work that I and the whole community have invested to turn this project into what it is and means I'll leave you to yourself now. Good day.

1 Like

the only thing you actually wrote was you must comp[ly to the template and when I posted juist wanting an answer to a question the template made no sense to me and it still does not

You have to understand that the template helps us to see the bigger picture.
There could be a known bug on certain hardware or system configurations that we are aware of but we can't help you because you didn't fill out the template.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.