I can't install plugins in my octoprint! (I don't have Internet connectivity)

I have instaled on my raspberry pi 3b+ octopi , that is conected to a mks gen l v1.0 motherboard for my 3d printer(ender 3 pro), soo wen i open my octoprint into a browser i can use octoprint . I wanted to install some pluggins ,but first time i had an error that said my server was offline , after conect my raspberry to wifi and set a static ip adress , i conect my raspberry to my main board , after that is said the status of octoprint was operational , soo i expected it will work ....

After that it said that my instalation doesn't have internet , soo i coldn't install pluggins . I see that in the "conectivity check" my host was 8.8.8.8 and my port 53, i press on test , there said "server is unreachable ".
Also on device manager pluggin write it is dezactivated, and a can't activate it

What do i supose to do ?

Try connecting an Ethernet cable to your Raspberry Pi and connect the other end into your Internet router. See if that allows the connectivity check succeed.

I now i tried it didn't work , also i tried to put the host 1.1.1.1 and port 27 but nothing , wen i an conected to the wifi on my raspberry , wen i search for ifconfig i see my ip at wlan0 , and wen i am conected trought the cable , on enx

You cannot use a class A IP address.
You have to use an IP address in the subnet your home router provides. (Usually 10.0.x.x or 192.168.x.x)

my raspberry pi ip addres is 192.168.x.xxx

but in octoprint at conectivity check there is a host and a port , that defaul were 8.8.8.8 and the port 53, but they didn't work

Then that is the address you need to point your browser to, not 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1

OK, i put my ip adrees at the host , but what to put at the
the port ?
becouse port 53 dont work

are you sure there i at host , i have to put my ip , becouse thatwas a section taht said , it is loking for updates on that host , default , the google dns 8.8.8.8
" If the connectivity check is enabled, OctoPrint will regularly check if it's connected to the internet. This is useful to prevent resource intensive operations (such as checking for updates) if it's already clear that they won't succeed anyhow.

Enable regular connectivity check

Define a check interval, a host and a port to check against. If you don't know what to set here, the default values (using Google's DNS server) should work. If you have concerns about using that, define the IP and port of a different online server that you trust and that has a high availability."

The Connectivity check should be left at 8.8.8.8 port 53. This is the address of one of Google's name servers and the port is the standard DNS port. If Test host & port button fails, then you do not have connectivity to the internet. You can't fix it from this page.

Can you connect to OctoPi with SSH from another system on your local internet? If one of your other systems is running Windows, then you can install PuTTY.

You mentioned that you set a static IP address. This is normally not necessary as the default is to use DHCP to obtain an IP address, netmask, gateway, and DNS servers. If you manually set a static IP address, you also need to manually supply the netmask, gateway IP address, and DNS server IP addresses. Failure to set these correctly would result in not being able to connect to the internet.

If you answered yes to the SSH question above, then please provide the output of these commands on your OctoPi system: "ifconfig", "route", and "cat /etc/resolv.conf".

If one of your other systems is running Windows, open a command prompt and provide the output of the command: "ipconfig /all". If one of your other systems is running Linux, provide the output of the same commands as the OctoPi system.

1 Like

If you want help, please post the output of the commands I asked for. If you changed files, post the current content of those files. Your interpretation of what you did doesn't help because it isn't working (not to mention the large number of typographical errors).

1 Like

Standard install of octoprint uses port 80, the regular http port, so you don't need to specify any port

if i dont specify in octoprint , there the port it dont let me to test
also if i set port to 80 , it is unreachable

I can see there is some confusion. There are two completely different things going on:

1. Trying to connect a workstation to your Raspberry
  2. Trying on the Raspberry to check Internet connectivity

For the first case, this is either via port 80 (also known as HTTP) and would be using something like: http://192.168.0.14/ as the URL. You might do this to check to see if both your workstation and the Raspberry are on the same network and can talk to each other.

For the second case, port 53 is related to the DNS client and is used to do DNS lookups. The related 8.8.8.8 IP address is that of Google's primary set of DNS servers so this makes sense. You might check this connectivity to see if your Raspberry Pi can talk to the Internet; this is a requirement for upgrading it in place.

@alex This sounds like it may be a problem with your network. You indicate that you added an Ethernet cable to your Raspberry Pi and plugged the other end into your Internet router. The connectivity check should have passed.

A standard installation of the OctoPi image onto a Raspberry Pi 3B, combined with plugging it in via Ethernet cable (and doing nothing else to adjust anything) should result in a Raspberry which can talk to the Internet. It's possible your other attempts to fix this are getting in the way. I would recommend starting over from scratch. You might find this useful as a troubleshooter as well as this for step-by-step instructions.

ok tanks for answers i will resinstall octopi and octoprint

I had reinstal octoprint , now it is working , also the plugin and enthernet is working , but wen i want to move or to print , my 3d printer dont do nothing , in octoprint i had an error that printer healted , also wen i try on my tft28 touchscreen , it dont do nothing , juat now i conect all my wires in my mainboard , mks gen l v1.0, is the firmware, problem ? I instaled the ender 3 cobfiguration in marlin , from github , and modify that from standard , to setting for mks board

1 Like

Also for the love of Tesla please spell check your posts and punctuation before clicking send. It's really really tricky to follow you.

What is the problem?
I had reinstal octoprint , now it is working , also the plugin and enthernet is working , but wen i want to move or to print , my 3d printer dont do nothing , in octoprint i had an error that printer healted , also wen i try on my tft28 touchscreen , it dont do nothing , juat now i conect all my wires in my mainboard , mks gen l v1.0, is the firmware, problem ? I instaled the ender 3 configuration in marlin , from github , and modify that from standard , to setting for mks board

What did you already try to solve it?

Logs ( octoprint.log , serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)
octoprint version 1.3.11, octopi version 0.16.0, printer ender 3 pro , firmware marlin arduino version 1.8.9, here is my configuration CONDIGURATION_SIMPLE.zip (1.1 MB)
mainboard mks gen l v1.0, raspberry pi 3b+, tmc2208, touchscreen tft 28 inch