New to Octoprint and rPi needing help with setup

What is the problem?

I purchased a rPI 3B+ to connect my rPi to my ender 3. I downloaded octoprint and followed the formatting setup to a tee. I got things working and I got into octopi.local and it booted followed the setup and everything. I had to leave so I closed out of my browser and shut off my printer. Came back later and tried to get into octoprint through octopi.local again and nothing happened It loaded for probably a couple of hours. And now I think I have dug myself a hole trying to fix this because I know very little about rPi's and I do not know what I am doing whatsoever. The ACT light will not flash at all now anytime I put an SD card in.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried formatting two different SD cards, I have tried plugging it into a monitor with keyboard and mouse but its not displaying anything. I tried SSHing into the rPi but that took forever. I have changed the power supply.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

No logs available. sorry...

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I think I was on the latest version of both Octoprint and octopi not sure though because I never got that far to check. I have an Ender 3 with a skr v1.3 MKS Gen L. I am using a MacBook Pro macOS Catalina.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. any advice might have to be dumbed down and explained how to do since I am beginner with this stuff.

I guess it's a power related issue. Your printer might be powered via usb from the pi when it's turned off.
Try if the pi boots without any usb devices connected.

If the pi works again try this so it won't happen again.

Also you should use a sufficient power supply for the pi (not a phone charger or a usb port of another device)

I have tried booting without connecting to the printer. Still no booting just the red power light is on. rPi is powered by printer the Gnd and 5v on the pins have tried powering it and booting from a different power supply. Any other suggestions @PrintedWeezl?

the only thing I would test before rma-ing it is to run a standard raspbian image...
maybe your image is corrupted or something so let'S just test raspbian and see if it boots.

https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_lite_armhf/images/raspios_lite_armhf-2020-05-28/2020-05-27-raspios-buster-lite-armhf.zip

Sorry for the late reply. Hope your still able to help. I downloaded the standard raspbian image and used balenaEtcher to flash the img. It still will not boot when I put SD and then power it. Or at least the ACT light is not blinking and the device is showing no signs of doing anything. What further steps can I take to get this thing working properly.

I would say that pi is broken :confused:
I don't think it makes any difference but you could try to flash the image with Win32DiskImager just to rule out Etcher

Do you have any suggestions on what to do with it since you think that it's broken? Is it worthless now?

Can't you rma it?
You could look inside the sd card slot of the pi and make sure no pins are bent.
Also you could upload a screenshot of the boot partition of the sd card. I don't think that's the case but maybe something is missing.

I have had the pi for far too long to rma it. I dont believe the pins are bent. Also I do not know how I would go about finding the boot partition on the SD card.

Just saw that your'e on a mac.
Never used one so I can't tell you for sure what you have to do.
I guess you put the sd card in it and open the file manager. There you should see two new partions - one with the name boot

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 8.46.53 PM

Here are two screen shots that I think might be helpful dont quite know where else to go to find more information.

Wait a second - is there only one partition on the sdcard?

Also 299 MB available of 264.3 MB looks really wrong to me.

Try to flash the raspbian image with the flash tool from raspberrypi.org
https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/imager/imager_1.4.dmg

Maybe there was really something wrong with etcher

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 9.43.01 PM
This is what it looked like after installing it through the raspberry Pi imager.

Im erased it to FAT32 and going to try re imaging it with the raspberry pi os

Still looks like the last screen shot after erasing

Still loks weird but yeah maybe that's how macos does it.
Sry I'm out of ideas.