Octoprint with sovol sv01?

Is it possibly to use Octoprint for controlling the sovol sv01 3d printer? I am planning to buy Sovol SV01 but only if I can connect the raspberry pi in a similar way to allow the wireless printing that is possible with mp mini and ender 3.

Sovol has SD card and USB port and it seems to use Creality V2.2 motherboard. To my understanding the biggest difference compared to ender 3 is the dual z-axis. Only software mentioned in the manual is cura 4.0. Firmware source code seems to be with fast look Marlin 1.1.6 based.

I don't know any reason why a creality board with marlin firmware shouldn't work.
But wait some time maybe another one on the forum knows otherwise.

Doing a web search for "sovol sv01" "octoprint" turns up nothing. As suggested, you could give it a try but "your mileage may vary".

Looks like you can, I found this article: https://sovol3d.com/blogs/news/how-to-control-your-sovol-sv01-from-laptop-or-smartphone-by-prusa-slicer

1 Like

I'm running Octoprint on a Pi 4 on the Sovol. Plug and play into the USB port on the printer.
The only issue is the fact that the Pi back-feeds power into the Sovol. Not normally a problem, but if you power down the Sovol it throws a temperature overrun fault requiring unplugging the power cable on the Sovol when attempting to power it back up. Placing a piece of paper on the proper pin of the USB would solve that issue, but I just remember to power down the Pi then the printer (or at the same time with my power strip).

A candidate for this: Put tape on the 5V pin - Why and how

2 Likes

Could you post the details of your Sovol profile? reinventing the wheel etc.

I'm trying to configure mine as well but some of the settings are just not being cooperative.