Pi wont boot with Octoprint image

What is the problem?

I have flashed a micro SD card with OctoPi and it wont boot. I get 4 slow and 4 fast flashes from the Pi.

What did you already try to solve it?

To prove the pi is working I have installed Raspbian and installed octoprint using the following guide: Setting up OctoPrint on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian or Raspberry Pi OS

The above works however I ideally don't want to run raspbian on the Pi

It is a Pi 4 b - 2gb model which is supported.

I reflashed the sd card using etcher several times and redownloaded the img as well as trying alternate known working sd cards. I have tested and confirmed the pi's wifi module, power etc are all working without issue.

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

Wont boot

Complete Logs

No logs

1 Like

Not necessarily. We've received some reports of users running into issues with newly purchased pi4 2gb models and the 0.17 image. The download page has been adjusted accordingly and recommends to use the current 0.18 RC or a nightly build in these cases.

Thank you @foosel I will give it a go tonight with a nightly build and confirm if it works

Using the latest nightly did solve this.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with a Raspberry Pi 3A+, I have tried to install Octopi 0.18 with Octoprint 1.8.4 (build 20220927151125) multiple times via Raspberry Pi Imager without any succes, it just would not start up.

Strangely, my first attempt worked successfully but I was not able to connect via hostname so I tried to re-install and after that no booting of Octopi/RPi.

Installing a nightly version worked for me.