Printer won't stay connected to Octoprint

What is the problem?

I installed Octoprint to use on my Ender 3 V2, but it wont connect to my printer. It keeps giving errors saying Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)or State: Offline (Error: Could not write to serial port). And if it does connect it'll connect for a minute then disconnect.

What did you already try to solve it?

I've set the connection settings to auto, I've tried new cables.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
Connecting to port /dev/ttyUSB0, baudrate 115200
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
Connected to: Serial<id=0xaad2dc50, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Send: N0 M110 N0125
No answer from the printer within the connection timeout, trying another hello
Send: N0 M110 N0
There was a timeout while trying to connect to the printer
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Offline"
Connection closed, closing down monitor
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial connection"
Performing autodetection with 4 port/baudrate candidates: /dev/ttyUSB0@115200, /dev/ttyUSB0@250000, /dev/ttyAMA0@115200, /dev/ttyAMA0@250000
Trying port /dev/ttyUSB0, baudrate 115200
Connecting to port /dev/ttyUSB0, baudrate 115200
Handshake attempt #1 with timeout 2.0s
Connected to: Serial<id=0xaabbdff0, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=2.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Send: N0 M110 N0125
Handshake attempt #2 with timeout 2.0s
Send: N0 M110 N0
Handshake attempt #3 with timeout 2.0s
Send: N0 M110 N0*125

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I am using the latest version of Octoprint 1.5.3. I am running it on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Let me ask you one question. Did you do any form of search for ender 3 v2 here in the forum? This topic and several possible solutions have been discussed a ton.

1 Like