Problem connecting to cr-10s

i have a cr-10s that prints perfectly with no issues. i then got a raspberry pi 4b with 1gb, installed octoprint using my windows machine and it seemed to install fine. i can get to the pi using browser and it responds ok and allows me to install plug-ins and other octoprint support tasks. i then plugged the cable into to cr-10s serial port and turned on the printer. i hit the connect button and octoprint recognized that i have a dangerous firmware and indicates that the connection is stable.

However, there is no live connection and everytime i try to send anything to the printer, a gcode command or a print file, i get a series of "communication timeout while idle" messages in response.

What did you already try to solve it?

have tried using different cables and turning printer on with/without sd card inserted and problem continues

Have you tried running in safe mode?

did try in safe mode and the connection seems stable

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

was able to get my first print thru octoprint! do i have a conflict with my plug-ins?

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/90.0.4430.85 Safari/537.36 Edg/90.0.818.49
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1500
env.hardware.ram: 842829824
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x50000
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: true
octoprint.version: 1.6.0
printer.firmware: Marlin 1.1.0 From Archive
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Might be the case - we need to see some logs :slight_smile: