Problem setting up octoprint - print is all messed up

What is the problem?

To be honest, I don't even know what the problem is so I haven't been able to google anything, but basically, the same gcode printed from my sd card and from octoprint is messing up, here is an image of the issue.

From what I noticed, the first layer prints fine but after that, it just goes rogue, and if I keep waiting for it even try to print off of the bed and the motors won't stop even ignoring the limit switch.

When checking the GCode Viewer it shows everything correct, layer after layer.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried reinstalling octopi, setting up a new printer, searching resources online on how to set up my Mingda Rock 3 Pro. The thing is, the same gcode works fine if I try to print from my sd card without octoprint.

Tried to use the gcode scripts that I use on Cura, also tried without it.

Have you tried running in safe mode?


Did running in safe mode solve the problem?


Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!) (61.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

Printer: Mingda Rock 3 Pro
Firmware: 2.8.2
Octoprint Version 1.7.2
OctoPi Version 0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4

Printer profile on Octoprint
Form factor: Rectangular
Origin: Lower left
Heated bed
Width: 320mm
Depth: 320mm
Height: 400mm

X: 6000 mm/min
Y: 6000 mm/min
Z: 200 mm/min
E: 300 mm/min


Then please try running in safe mode. Also enable your serial.log (<- click this link for details), reproduce the issue, then upload a new system info bundle.

This post can now be closed, I think something went wrong during the firmware installation, it further developed even more issues but after flashing it to a different version and then going back to the BLTouch version it worked.

Also, the mingda support mentioned that when setting up the printer the Axes needs to have those values: X,Y: 79.25, Z,E: 400


I just wanted to say that I bought a Rock 3 Pro recently and was using Octopi to calibrate the extruder. When I tried a test print it freaked out. I thought I had a bad slice and tried again with a new slice. It freaked out again. I decided to reboot it. That's when I realized it was a power backfeed from the USB. When powered off, the display stayed on. I unplugged the USB to the pi and all is great again. I just put some tape on the 5v wire in my cable to prevent this per the below post and sublink.

1 Like

Thank you for this tip! I noticed that and my workaround was always turning the printer on before plugging the Pi, but I will for sure do this little hack.

Thanks again!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.