Turn off the printer for good from OctoPrint

What is the problem?

I am looking for a plugin that would control the power of my 3D printer for good, replacing the manual switch of the power plug.
Basically, I have two concerns:

1. When a print is finished, I'd like to remotely turn off the motherboard fans, as they are super loud (8-bit board is the reason, in my noob opinion)
  2. or at least, if I still turn off manually the main plug, I don't want the Pi to try to feed the printer with current, as it results in a) the screen staying on, b) underpower causing some oscillations and high-pitch noise in components of the printer for which I had to remove the glue (basically, when changing the thermistor, I removed some protective glue that I believe helped removing the high pitch vibrations).

What did you already try to solve it?

I'm a complete newbie in electronics. I'm already proud I was able to repair my thermistor. I'm watching Youtube tutos and starting to understand that I may need either to using GPIO or to do some hacks with IoT adapter plugs, but I'm also wondering if something is already possible directly from OctoPrint.
I've seen there are IKEA control plugins, but I don't have the corresponding IKEA plugs.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No, how can it help?

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.