Update fail from 1.4.0 to 1.9.3

What is the problem?

I am attempting to update my pi after a long time on the shelf. It looks like I have the logging plugin and I have attempted several things to remove it, listed below.

What did you already try to solve it?

https://get.octoprint.org/plugins/cleanup_logging.py
~/oprint/bin/pip uninstall logging
I also tried using the plugin manager but apparently it must be removed through SSH.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

followed this, cannot generate a system info bundle as I am running 1.4.0.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.4.0 running on OctoPi 0.16.0
not connected to a printer at this time, just trying to update the software so I can get back to printing with minimum faults.

*Edit Wanted to add errors I've been getting.

cleanup error

Hello @Connor_Daigneault !

OctoPrint 1.4.0 runs on Python 2.7. OctoPrint 1.9.3 needs Python 3.

Also OctoPi 0.16.0 is quite outdated.

I recommend a new install of OctoPi 1.0.0

If I do a fresh install, is it possible to import a backup to restore all of my files?

Yeah there is a backup and restore feature - I just can't remember when it was added to OctoPrint.
Check the settings :slight_smile:

It was introduced in OctoPrint 1.3.10. So it should work.

1 Like

I use a USB to SD adapter plugged into my RPi system to back up the running system or to mount older microSD cards to copy files. You can also use SCP (WinSCP) to copy files.

Thank you guys, it took quite some time for the backup to process but I got 1.9.3 installed and everything restored. I appreciate your help.

This would have been a good idea but the backup worked perfectly. I will keep that in mind in case I have issues in the future. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.