Webcam not working with octoprint on CR-6, as well as data fouling

Camera model
Playstation camera

What is the problem?
Webcam shows no image, as well as temp data behaving very oddly.

What did you already try to solve it?
I needed to swap out the cable connection for the CR-6. This setup worked fine on an Ender 3, but the 3 utilizes an OTG port, which matched the USB cable from the Pi. The 6 has a USB Type C interface, and that may be the core of the problem.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
no logs

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
Newest version of Octopi & Octoprint, Rpi 3b+

Apologies, but I'm on a small campaign to get people to be specific with version numbers. Some people use development builds, pre-releases, or what if there was a release tomorrow? Be specific please!

You may need one of the plugins mentioned here:

Creality messes with the firmware a lot...

Try restarting the webcam service:
sudo service webcamd restart via SSH to your Pi, maybe this helps. If the cable is unplugged, you will need to do this.

Does it work when the printer is not connected? That may rule out the CR-6 Type C being the problem (you will need to unplug the printer, then restart webcamd again to test)

2 Likes

OK, um....octopi is 0.17.0 and octoprint is 1.4.2.

I had already installed the Creality X2 temp fix plugin. Those discrepancies seem to have vanished, but now I have a larger issue: last night a print finished, but when I went down to get it, the printer said it was at 99% (it showed finished on octoprint). I hit stop on both octoprint and the printer, but nothing happened on octoprint while the printer screen froze & required a hard reboot to regain functionality. I unplugged the pi completely for the time being, and I'm using an ip cam's phone app to monitor the printer. I'll have to research how to 'ssh' into the pi to do what you've asked....it's pretty clear at this point I have zero experience with pi programming...all I did was follow the instructions on how to flash the octopi image to an sd card, that's it. Thanks.