Wrong extrruder temp at start

Hi,
When sending a print, after the bed is heated, the extruder temp target is set to 400 C for an instant and then 260 C, but my print is configured for 200 C, I've checked the gcode, and it's fine. After turning the printer off and on, and sending the print again it now works correctly.

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/FxCY1n3.png?1

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:92.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/92.0
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1368
env.hardware.ram: 1047539712
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux2
env.python.pip: 20.0.1
env.python.version: 2.7.17
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
printer.firmware: Marlin bugfix-2.0.x (Jul 31 2021 22:41:01)
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint Version 1.6.1
Ender 3 pro, with skr 1.3
Cura 4.6
octoprint-systeminfo-20211004141759.zip (28.9 KB)

Could you please share the systeminfo bundle? Not the list, it's the zipped file at the end of that list.
You may also have to enable serial.log

I've included the Zip in the original post, and I'm looking into enabling serial log. Thank you.

You're using the filament manager plugin, and one of the theories here is there's a misleading configuration option called 'temperature offset' or something for the selected material. Somehow, this has been set to like 200C, which is creating your gcode (200c) + the offset (200c) = 400c. The safety features of the firmware then lower the temperature to the configured max (260 in this case).

Check the filament manager plugin for mistakes in the configuration here.

Thank you, Yes that is likely the issue, in my translation it only says "temperature". I should look more carefully the plugins documentation.

You are definitely not the only person who has has this trouble, that's how I could make a very good 'guess'!

1 Like

Didn't we have an FAQ entry for that? If not, should we add one maybe? That issue has come up a lot in the past...

I reviewed the pinned ones in the FAQ and did a general search. Maybe my syntax of the issue was particular :wink:

I guess I thought we had added an entry but actually didn't. :sweat_smile:

I've rectified this situation now:

Great, thank you and everyone involved in this project. It has made the 3d printing experience a whole lot easier, and cooler.