Your printer's firmware reported an error. Due to that OctoPrint will disconnect. Reported error: Failed to enable Bed Leveling"

What is the problem?

I've installed octoprint on my Raspberry Pi which is connected to wireless and plugged into printer via USB. Previously none of the controls were working so I updated the motherboard & LCD screen firmware for my CR10S pro (version 1) and now get the following error when trying to connect octoprint:

"Your printer's firmware reported an error. Due to that OctoPrint will disconnect. Reported error: Failed to enable Bed Leveling"

What did you already try to solve it?

Restarted raspberry pi & 3D printer

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

Don't know how to do this

Additional information about your setup

Printer: CR10s pro (version 1)
Raspberry Pi: 3B+
OctoPrint version: 1.4.2
OctoPi version: 0.1.7.0
printer, firmware: motherboard & LCD screen both 1.70.1
browser: Google Chrome
operating system: Window 10

click on the word safe mode :slight_smile:
Please upload your logs (octoprint.log and serial.log)

Same error. See logs attached

octoprint.log (128.6 KB) serial.log (2.1 KB)

As it says there, it's the firmware that is running into a (non recoverable) error here. You need to either figure out why your firmware fails to enable bed leveling, or configure it so it doesn't try to perform bed leveling.

I've just turn off auto bed levelling from the menus in the printer and now I'm able to connect and print from Octoprint.

I'm not sure is the is a fix or just workaround because now before printing the probe just goes up and down a few times calibrate the Z axis in the center then prints. Instead of using measuring multiple areas of the bed before it starts.

That's all on your firmware. I guess you need to compile a new build that's properly configured for your setup (and not as broken as Creality firmware usually is).

Flash the motherboard & LCD screen again but not with stock firmware from creatity's website?

To update the firmware I like to recommend this video: